Author Topic: Something new in the works...  (Read 4751 times)

Offline P.I.

• Industry Participant
  • Silence is that blackness beneath the music
    • P.I. audio group, LLC
Something new in the works...
« on: May 27, 2016, 05:10:41 PM »
Triode Pete and I have been threatening a statement from us for several years.  I have been the hold up with health issues, but I have been working on An Audible Difference off the grid for some time.  All I can say right now is that it is getting closer to not being vaporware at this time.  I just want it to be the best device available at any price.

Stay tuned.
"A man with an experience is never at the mercy of a man with an argument." - Hilmar von Campe

Offline mdconnelly

• Audio Neurotic
  • new ways to dream...
Re: Something new in the works...
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2016, 07:40:20 AM »
Such as tease... Tell us more!

Offline P.I.

• Industry Participant
    • P.I. audio group, LLC
« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2016, 08:22:02 PM »
Such as tease... Tell us more!
Neener, neener, neener...
"A man with an experience is never at the mercy of a man with an argument." - Hilmar von Campe

Offline jessearias

• Certifiable
« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2016, 12:22:25 PM »
 As in Frances J. Crosby?  :D
Parasound A21, Parasound JC2BP, Oppo 205 BR/SACD Disc Player, Marantz ST6000 Tuner, GoldenEar Triton 2 speakers and Supersub XXL, Triode Wire Labs interconnects, power cables and speaker wire, PI Audio Uber, Mini and Digibuss, Border Patrol DAC

Offline dflee

• Obsessively Audiophilic
« Reply #4 on: June 01, 2016, 02:04:55 PM »
Dave:
What is that? A reference to Blazing Saddles?????

Apologies to all. I thought it said nearer.
« Last Edit: June 01, 2016, 05:03:05 PM by dflee »
"Enjoy pleasure, not because it is fleeting, but because it exists at all." Sacrament, Clive Barker.

Offline P.I.

• Industry Participant
    • P.I. audio group, LLC
« Reply #5 on: June 03, 2016, 11:31:19 AM »
Dave:
What is that? A reference to Blazing Saddles?????

Apologies to all. I thought it said nearer.
Que, funny!

I've got everything sourced, quotes on the custom components and all of the modules developed save one:  the DC blocker.  I have the blocking bridge figured out - 600VAC @ 80A.  That ought to do it.  What I'm having trouble with are the DC blocking capacitors.  All of the regular players - Panasonic, Elna, Vishay, United Chemcon, Nichicon - all great brands - all change their sonic characteristics mightily over the first month or so in circuit.  The fact that the SQ changes is less of an issue than where it ends up.  It HAS to be all positives, Negative characteristics (like too much bass) are what I'm trying to eliminate.  It all just takes a lot of time and $$$.