Author Topic: Put It Back  (Read 2710 times)

Offline dflee

• Obsessively Audiophilic
Put It Back
« on: May 22, 2016, 04:00:23 PM »
Was blessed to get a very special used P.I. Audio Majic Buss. Dave informed me that it was made for a friend and the unit is personal. Installed it in a configuration I thought would work best for me and and gave her a break in period before critical listening. I thought my system was sounding pretty good for what I have and wasn't quite sure how things would improve. Guess the saying ignorance is bliss (probably why I'm always smilin) is true cause I had no idea there was so much crap in my AC. In a nut shell sound has improved a lot but in a subtle way.
Spent this morning before my wife got up and put everything back the way it was with the MB out. My wife walked into the room and said "I don't know what you did but put it back" and walked out. Needless to say I spent the next hour getting the MB back in and Shirley says "don't do what you did again".
I feel really good about having one of Dave's pieces and will praise that man's work and knowledge about something I didn't didn't even know was a problem.

Thanks Dave
Your one of the good ones.

Don
"Enjoy pleasure, not because it is fleeting, but because it exists at all." Sacrament, Clive Barker.

Offline P.I.

• Industry Participant
  • Silence is that blackness beneath the music
    • P.I. audio group, LLC
Re: Put It Back
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2016, 12:09:32 PM »
Was blessed to get a very special used P.I. Audio Majic Buss. Dave informed me that it was made for a friend and the unit is personal. Installed it in a configuration I thought would work best for me and and gave her a break in period before critical listening. I thought my system was sounding pretty good for what I have and wasn't quite sure how things would improve. Guess the saying ignorance is bliss (probably why I'm always smilin) is true cause I had no idea there was so much crap in my AC. In a nut shell sound has improved a lot but in a subtle way.
Spent this morning before my wife got up and put everything back the way it was with the MB out. My wife walked into the room and said "I don't know what you did but put it back" and walked out. Needless to say I spent the next hour getting the MB back in and Shirley says "don't do what you did again".
I feel really good about having one of Dave's pieces and will praise that man's work and knowledge about something I didn't didn't even know was a problem.

Thanks Dave
Your one of the good ones.

Don
The Mind of Nit trying to put one over on Shirley.  Gotta love that woman  :thumb:  Give her a hug for me.

That MajikBUSS is truly special.  A collector's piece of all things P.I.ag.  It was the first production MB.  I built it for a friend that believed in me and encouraged me in my quest of sound quality.  He passed away a while back, but before he did so he asked me to make sure that it went to someone that could and would appreciate it on the same level he did.

You are a good friend, Don.  It went to a great home.  :D
"A man with an experience is never at the mercy of a man with an argument." - Hilmar von Campe