Author Topic: Bybee Speaker Upgrade  (Read 13937 times)

Offline satfrat

• Obsessively Audiophilic
  • Dallas Cowboys,, America's Team!
Re: Bybee Speaker Upgrade
« Reply #30 on: September 25, 2012, 06:39:16 PM »
I too tried them on digital cables and it was hit & miss. On less expensive digital cables & gear like my C-band 4DTV satellite receiver, I liked Bybees and I'm currently liking them on my DirecTV DVR too. But on my Crystal Cable Digit connected to my Empirical Off-Ramp 3, it clouded the highs too much. I've never liked Bybee's on IC's. But I've always liked them in many power applications(BPT conditioner, power cord, IEC adapter, AC adapter), video cables and RF adapters also. But hands down, I like them best on the loudspeaker end. All I have are the older Bybee Ultra Speaker Filters w/ribbon connectors. What I'd really love are today's (way too expensive) Bybee speaker bullets that attach to the terminals, had I the finances that is. :duh

Just my opinionated experiences, YMMV.  :thumb:

Cheers,
Robin
Butler 3150 amps, Sunfire Theater Grand 4 processor, Mhdt Havana w/Vitamin Q cap bypass, HTPC, Empirical Off-Ramp 3 w/Ultraclock & Hynes PS, Odyssey Audio Lorelei's, Usher X-616's, Ridge Street Audio Poiema!!! IC/SC, BPT & UberBuss power conditioners

MrAcoustat

« Reply #31 on: September 26, 2012, 02:45:19 AM »
I too tried them on digital cables and it was hit & miss. On less expensive digital cables & gear like my C-band 4DTV satellite receiver, I liked Bybees and I'm currently liking them on my DirecTV DVR too. But on my Crystal Cable Digit connected to my Empirical Off-Ramp 3, it clouded the highs too much. I've never liked Bybee's on IC's. But I've always liked them in many power applications(BPT conditioner, power cord, IEC adapter, AC adapter), video cables and RF adapters also. But hands down, I like them best on the loudspeaker end. All I have are the older Bybee Ultra Speaker Filters w/ribbon connectors. What I'd really love are today's (way too expensive) Bybee speaker bullets that attach to the terminals, had I the finances that is. :duh

Just my opinionated experiences, YMMV.  :thumb:

Cheers,
Robin

Hi Robin like you i believe in the Bybee's speaker bullets but in my response to Mike i'm sorry that i forgot to mention i don't agree that it's snake oil BUT i do agree that they are expensive but that's normal when you don't have ANY competition your price is THE PRICE.

Offline bhobba

« Reply #32 on: September 26, 2012, 05:17:02 PM »
Hi Guys

Yea the speaker bullets seem to provide the biggest benifit although my now fully bybeed up PDX definitely sounds better than one without them.

The guys ar Lenehan found it a bit difficult to put them in some of their smaller speakers so went the route of putting them on the end of speaker cables instead.

Here is what I guy I know who got some cables with them in posted:

'Had the chance to put the regular RibbonTek and the Bybeed ones through some music this morning. I was able to keep the volume the same and used the Mute button on the power amp while swapping cables. Like in the showroom, the music had a more immediate feel to it. Less laid back. More energetic. I think in my room, I thought there was an improvement in the soundstage width and depth as well. The RibbonTeks, even without the Bybee steroids had more of a bass impact than my Silversmiths as well.'

Interstingly the guy, who posts under Doggihowser our here in Aus and on a forum in Singapore, didnt like the terminiators on his Silversmth cables and got some Eichman spades installed instead.  That improved their bass for some reason.

Thanks
Bill
« Last Edit: September 26, 2012, 05:18:38 PM by bhobba »

Offline satfrat

• Dallas Cowboys,, America's Team!
« Reply #33 on: September 28, 2012, 10:23:33 AM »
Hi Guys

Yea the speaker bullets seem to provide the biggest benifit although my now fully bybeed up PDX definitely sounds better than one without them.

The guys ar Lenehan found it a bit difficult to put them in some of their smaller speakers so went the route of putting them on the end of speaker cables instead.

Here is what I guy I know who got some cables with them in posted:

'Had the chance to put the regular RibbonTek and the Bybeed ones through some music this morning. I was able to keep the volume the same and used the Mute button on the power amp while swapping cables. Like in the showroom, the music had a more immediate feel to it. Less laid back. More energetic. I think in my room, I thought there was an improvement in the soundstage width and depth as well. The RibbonTeks, even without the Bybee steroids had more of a bass impact than my Silversmiths as well.'

Interstingly the guy, who posts under Doggihowser our here in Aus and on a forum in Singapore, didnt like the terminiators on his Silversmth cables and got some Eichman spades installed instead.  That improved their bass for some reason.

Thanks
Bill

Yep Bill, I fully agree with your Bybee speaker comments. For me, it's the depth aspect that has me loving the Bybee's. The Bybee Speaker Filters especially add a depth to the soundfield that's 3D-like. I can only imagine today's ultra-expensive speaker bullets compound on this depth, be it at a price of diminishing returns.  :duh  I especially like the combination of Bybee's and Z-Sleeves together in my system, both in audio & video applications, FWIW/YMMV.  :yay2:

I also have to detract my "no Bybee's on IC's comment". Bill's comment on bass made me realize that I do infact have an RCA Bybee adapter(along with  a Z-Sleeve) at the end of my subwoofer cable to good effect. But that's the only one, my Ridge Street Poiema!!! IC's between my processor and Butler amps are Bybee free.

Cheers,
Robin
Butler 3150 amps, Sunfire Theater Grand 4 processor, Mhdt Havana w/Vitamin Q cap bypass, HTPC, Empirical Off-Ramp 3 w/Ultraclock & Hynes PS, Odyssey Audio Lorelei's, Usher X-616's, Ridge Street Audio Poiema!!! IC/SC, BPT & UberBuss power conditioners

MrAcoustat

« Reply #34 on: October 02, 2012, 08:47:12 AM »
MrAcoustat with the modified Acoustat Spectra 6600s

Offline jimbones

• Audio Neurotic
  • Two plus Two Speakers
« Reply #35 on: October 09, 2012, 05:14:48 AM »
Cue up 2001 A Space Odyssey   :rofl:

Dayum those speakers are big!
Rogue RP7 Pre, Art Audio Vinyl Reference Phono,CJ Premier 12 Pwr, VPI Classic II/Dynavector 20X2L, Roon Rock, Auralic Vega DAC, Emotiva ERC-3, MIT, TWL, WireWorld, Wywires, Shunyata

Offline rollo

• Industry Participant
  • Rollo Audio - Home demo the only way to know
« Reply #36 on: October 09, 2012, 07:23:44 AM »
WOWIE !!!! Holy mackerel their Andy. I can hear Amos telling Andy. NOW that there is a speaker. Enjoy .

charles
contact me  at rollo14@verizon.net or visit us on Facebook
Lamm Industries - Aqua Acoustic, Formula & La Scala DAC- INNUOS  - Rethm - Kuzma - QLN - Audio Hungary Qualiton - Fritz speakers -Gigawatt -Vinnie Rossi,TWL, Swiss Cables, Merason DAC.

Offline jimbones

• Audio Neurotic
  • Two plus Two Speakers
« Reply #37 on: October 09, 2012, 10:20:13 AM »
Just a pair of sattelites!  :rofl:
Rogue RP7 Pre, Art Audio Vinyl Reference Phono,CJ Premier 12 Pwr, VPI Classic II/Dynavector 20X2L, Roon Rock, Auralic Vega DAC, Emotiva ERC-3, MIT, TWL, WireWorld, Wywires, Shunyata