Author Topic: Rich's G2G March 13  (Read 17877 times)

Offline richidoo

• Out Of My Speaker Cabinet
Rich's G2G March 13
« on: February 15, 2010, 02:19:22 PM »
Guys, come on over for some sounds, food and laughs.  4pm until whenever Sol leaves ;)

On tap will be:
Gemme Audio Katana speakers
Feastrex / Planet-10 Maiko2 speakers
Samet i60 amplifier
Samet i15 amplifier
Samet c25 current source amp
Manley Labs Neo Classic 300B SEPP tube amps
Burson Audio Buffer 160
Technics SL-Q2 with AT MLx150 and Vista Phono Preamp
Twisted Pear Buffalo32 DAC
Various new acoustic treatments

plus

Show and Tell - bring whatever you'd like to share. Let's discuss it in this thread.
I would like to request someone bring an all-tube preamp maybe Audio Research or Mapletree?
Of course "The Purple Wires" are always welcome at Chateau Richidoo

I can't wait to see everybody again.
Thanks
Rich

Offline stereofool

• Obsessively Audiophilic
Re: Rich's G2G March 13
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2010, 02:58:37 PM »
Rich,

I'm IN  :drool:!!!

I can bring the REF3, if you would like. Let me know if you'd like anything else.
Steve
Have you ever noticed.... Anyone going slower than you is an idiot...and anyone going faster than you is a maniac?

djdube525

« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2010, 03:19:49 PM »
Woo hoo! Unless my wife has something planned for me... I should be able to make it. No school that weekend anyways... which is a plus.

Offline richidoo

« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2010, 04:06:00 PM »
Awesome, we have a party! Thanks guys!

That's a tough decision about the Ref3. I'll have to think about it. ;)  :drool:  Thanks Steve!!

Can someone bring some balanced IC cables so we can use vt100 with Ref3 - "ARgasm."

Offline mdconnelly

• Audio Neurotic
  • new ways to dream...
« Reply #4 on: February 15, 2010, 04:43:49 PM »
Rich, I'm pretty sure I can make it so count me in and I can bring a pair of JPS SC3 balanced ICs (if Shane doesn't beat me to it ;-)

Offline stereofool

« Reply #5 on: March 07, 2010, 02:26:54 PM »
Hi, Rich!

We still on for Saturday??

I will bring the REF3, and assorted JPS cables.

I can also bring the Raysonic...if you think it may be of use.

Steve
Have you ever noticed.... Anyone going slower than you is an idiot...and anyone going faster than you is a maniac?

Offline richidoo

« Reply #6 on: March 07, 2010, 04:43:41 PM »
Yes, We're still on.   The new speakers are sounding great, I'm really happy with them. Good match with Sol's amp.

But since my NAS died I have been listening only to Pandora 128kbps.  I absolutely love the music, so no biggie, but it will be nice to spin some real disks and get a little low distortion tube love flowing. My NAS should be fixed by then.

Shane will you please bring the Moscode 402AU (if you're coming?) Thanks
Carl please laser in my speakers! tHANKS!

Raysonic - yes! Thanks Steve
"Magenta" XLRs - yes! Thanks Mike
Can't wait to see you guys, it's been a while.
A couple pairs of single ended majentas would be nice too for connecting sources and single ended amps (moscode?) I just have 2 pair of jps ultras.

People bring CDs since Raysonic will be the main source. My Buffalo DAC will also be available with our  usual test tracks.  I will be spinning some vinyl too. RobS cleaned a few of my records.

Thanks guys!

Offline tmazz

• Just basking in the glow of my tubes.....
« Reply #7 on: March 07, 2010, 05:43:07 PM »
Rich,

I am always on the lookout for new and good source material. You god my interest when you mentioned "our usual test tracks". Do you think you could provide a list of them for those of us who live too far away to make it to your G2G and hear them in person?

Tom
Remember, it's all about the music........

• Nola Boxers
• Sunfire True SW Super Jr (2)
• McIntosh MC 275
• ARC SP-9
• VPI HW-19 Mk IV/SDS/SME IV/Soundsmith Carmen Mk II ES
• Pro-Ject Pre Box S2 DAC/Rasp Pi Roon Endpoint
• DigiBuss/TWL PC&USB/MIT Cables

Offline hometheaterdoc

« Reply #8 on: March 10, 2010, 10:20:22 AM »
I'll try my best to be there, Rich.  The time vortex that is the better half has consumed most of my spare time lately.  I'm still recovering from last weekend where the entire weekend was completely planned and full of stuff.  She was sick there and the idea of lying around now that she was up and at'em was not an option.  Plus, if this weather keeps holding, I need to get started on the disaster left over from all my land moving/weeping drain installs, etc. if my landscaping guy is free...  but right now I'm 99% sure I can make it.

I'll bring the Moscode, Butler, and Belles amps.  I'll bring some RCA SC3 too if you wish?

Ken, if you are going to be there, we can swap amps at that point so you can take any of them home to demo in your system.

Chris,  if you are going to be there, can you bring along the long SC3 ICs you are borrowing and we'll meet there?

Henry, if your amp is back and you're going to be there, you can get me the amp you're borrowing at that point rather than making a trip all the way out to me. 

Shane Sangster
Used to be Night & Day Audio.......

Offline richidoo

« Reply #9 on: March 10, 2010, 10:57:57 AM »
2 or 3 pairs purple RCAs is enough, thanks Shane.  Looking forward to hearing the Moscode and Butler too.

I think we need 2 pairs of balanced purples to play the Raysonic all balanced. Steve, can you bring a pair to add to Mike's?  

If anyone brings audio appliances, please bring a power cord too. I have 2 Black Sand Silver Reference Mk 5s. So 2 more power cords should be enough for anything.

I will try to add balanced outputs to my Buffalo DAC, I'm curious if there will be a big difference.

Tom, sure I'll burn a CD for ya.

Shane, "I hope you can make it"  (but secretly I know that, like me, unless you are having your kneecaps replaced you won't miss an audio meet. It wouldn't be the same without you. )  
P.S.  Landscaper guys are never free ;)
« Last Edit: March 10, 2010, 11:00:46 AM by richidoo »

Offline mdconnelly

• Audio Neurotic
  • new ways to dream...
« Reply #10 on: March 10, 2010, 01:02:27 PM »
Rich, I'm still hoping to be there and I'll bring my XLR SC3 ICs.  I'll bring along this UberBUSS power conditioner as well.  It's pretty darn impressive and I'd love to hear what it will do in another system.  I've also got a PS Audio Juicebar II packed with Alan Maher's crystals that I'll bring along to see what we hear as well.  

But... I won't know for sure if I can make it until Friday... got some family "challenges" to work thru...  :-k
« Last Edit: March 10, 2010, 02:26:04 PM by mdconnelly »

Offline richidoo

« Reply #11 on: March 10, 2010, 01:59:26 PM »
Sounds like fun stuff to play with. Thanks. I hope everything works out perfectly.

Bigfish8

« Reply #12 on: March 10, 2010, 05:15:02 PM »
Rich:

Unless wifey has other plans I want to and hope to make it.  I can bring along a couple of Black Sands MKV's if needed.  It sounds like it might be one of those meets with more gear than time!

What are your thoughts about food?  Let us know if you want us to bring dishes or contribute to something you prepare or order in?

Thanks,

Ken
« Last Edit: March 10, 2010, 06:34:39 PM by Bigfish8 »

Offline stereofool

« Reply #13 on: March 10, 2010, 06:00:16 PM »
I'll bring plenty of assorted JPS cables, along with the other goodies  :thumb:.
Steve

Offline richidoo

« Reply #14 on: March 10, 2010, 08:22:48 PM »
Good question Ken. I'll think about that tomorrow.  Glad you can make it.  Actually I thought it was a light load on the gear this time... 8 amps  :shock:, 2 speakers but only one source this time, wow! The power goodies will be fun too. A new AVA amplifier may come, from Jared (Greensboro?) who came to my G2G last fall.

Thanks Steve. We got nothing happening on Sunday, so you are welcome to stay over if you want.

My acoustic panels are under construction, finally. It's Julie's weekend tomorrow so I don't know how much I'll get done, but it's in process. Hallelujah!  I got some new energy pills. ;) not crystal meth.