Author Topic: Options for Remote Volume Control  (Read 6205 times)

Offline shadowlight

• Obsessively Audiophilic
Options for Remote Volume Control
« on: November 02, 2014, 05:52:43 AM »
I am putting the parts list together for a 4P1L based preamp and looking for remote volume control options.  The only ones that I can think of are Alps motorized version, the volume control used by Lampizator and Bent audio autoformers that Bob (Maxamillion) used for his 26 based preamp.

Are there any other options out there that are good and does not cost arm and leg.  The alps from Bent Audio is around 130, Lampizator is around 400, while the tap system is around 800+.

Thx

Offline richidoo

• Out Of My Speaker Cabinet
Re: Options for Remote Volume Control
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2014, 08:14:38 AM »
D, bunch o cheap stuff on ebay:

Link to search "Remote Volume Control"

But I'd go with the Bent, they are very good quality, good value, and good support if you need it.  Their Goldpoint stepped attenuator will sound better than their Alps pot. The goldpoint remote kit is something new for them.

Offline shadowlight

• Obsessively Audiophilic
« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2014, 10:05:00 AM »
Thanks Rich.

Leaning towards the Bent Audio option even though the ebay ones are cheaper.  I rather have support locally in case I need it.

Offline Response Audio

• Industry Participant
  • Build your system for yourself, not the critics
    • Response Audio
« Reply #3 on: November 02, 2014, 04:22:20 PM »
Hi Deepak. Another option is the ABBRES remote system over at Parts Connexion. This is a full.remote with 6 inputs and the ability to.use the Motorized TKD pot.

The Bent stuff is obviously exceptional in terms of options at several price points and support. His alps blue remote is very good. A simply power supply and you are good to go.

Design Engineer
Response Audio NY
Custom Vacuum Tube Deaign
www.ResponseAudioNY.com