Author Topic: Acoustic Revive Acoustic Conditioners  (Read 5715 times)

Offline rollo

• Industry Participant
  • Rollo Audio - Home demo the only way to know
Acoustic Revive Acoustic Conditioners
« on: February 08, 2010, 06:40:30 AM »
  Here is one for the snakeoil crowd to feast on. AR states they use silk that is made from silk worms who are fed Tourmaline powder to produce silk with Tourmaline in it to provide promotion of negative Ions in their panels. Ingenious or marketing. What ya think ?

charles
contact me  at rollo14@verizon.net or visit us on Facebook
Lamm Industries - Aqua Acoustic, Formula & La Scala DAC- INNUOS  - Rethm - Kuzma - QLN - Audio Hungary Qualiton - Fritz speakers -Gigawatt -Vinnie Rossi,TWL, Swiss Cables, Merason DAC.

Offline BobM

• Audio Neurotic
Re: Acoustic Revive Acoustic Conditioners
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2010, 07:29:16 AM »
It makes me think of the novel (and movie) DUNE, where the big worms produce the "spice" that makes travel through subspace possible.  :lol:
Laugh and the world laughs with you. Cry and you'll have to blow your nose.

Offline tmazz

• Out Of My Speaker Cabinet
  • Just basking in the glow of my tubes.....
« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2010, 07:34:25 AM »
It makes me think of the novel (and movie) DUNE, where the big worms produce the "spice" that makes travel through subspace possible.  :lol:

Sounds like a load of cr@p to me.  :lol:
Remember, it's all about the music........

• Nola Boxers
• Sunfire True SW Super Jr (2)
• McIntosh MC 275
• ARC SP-9
• VPI HW-19 Mk IV/SDS/SME IV/Soundsmith Carmen Mk II ES
• Pro-Ject Pre Box S2 DAC/Rasp Pi Roon Endpoint
• DigiBuss/TWL PC&USB/MIT Cables

Offline bmr3hc

• Certifiable
« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2010, 06:54:49 PM »
My head hurts just imagining those poor silk worms being forced fed, no doubt.

Henry
"If music be the food of love, play on."  Shakespeare

Black Sand Cable

« Reply #4 on: February 08, 2010, 10:37:16 PM »
 AR states they use silk that is made from silk worms who are fed Tourmaline powder to produce silk with Tourmaline in it to provide promotion of negative Ions in their panels.

It wouldn't surprise me at all if they actually did it as I have seen weirder shit in this hobby.

Would it work? I honestly don't have a clue but I would have doubts given what Tourmaline powder consists of. I would tend to think that something as small as a silk worm would die from it long before it could produce silk.....but like I said, I honestly don't have a clue.

Offline Carlman

• Audio Neurotic
« Reply #5 on: February 09, 2010, 06:27:14 AM »
 Here is one for the snakeoil crowd to feast on. AR states they use silk that is made from silk worms who are fed Tourmaline powder to produce silk with Tourmaline in it to provide promotion of negative Ions in their panels. Ingenious or marketing. What ya think ?

charles

Here is a link to what you're talking about.. http://www.acoustic-revive.com/english/rwl3/rwl3_01.html  
Please provide links to where you hear these things. Sometimes it's really hard to decipher what some of these posts are about.  

On a sidenote, I think Acoustic Revive is a bit smarmy (and confusing) to pick 'AR' as their company name.

OK, back to coffee... and reading about powdered glass fed to worms.. apparently it is possible and has happened for a long time. 
-C
I really enjoy listening to music.

Offline rollo

• Industry Participant
  • Rollo Audio - Home demo the only way to know
« Reply #6 on: February 09, 2010, 07:05:56 AM »

charles

Here is a link to what you're talking about.. http://www.acoustic-revive.com/english/rwl3/rwl3_01.html  
Please provide links to where you hear these things. Sometimes it's really hard to decipher what some of these posts are about.  

On a sidenote, I think Acoustic Revive is a bit smarmy (and confusing) to pick 'AR' as their company name.

OK, back to coffee... and reading about powdered glass fed to worms.. apparently it is possible and has happened for a long time. 
-C

Ok cool.

charles
contact me  at rollo14@verizon.net or visit us on Facebook
Lamm Industries - Aqua Acoustic, Formula & La Scala DAC- INNUOS  - Rethm - Kuzma - QLN - Audio Hungary Qualiton - Fritz speakers -Gigawatt -Vinnie Rossi,TWL, Swiss Cables, Merason DAC.