Author Topic: MEGAschino Review in THE Audio Beatnik  (Read 2052 times)

Offline ampdesigner333

• Certifiable
  • WE DELIVER THE DETAIL
    • Digital Amplifier Company
MEGAschino Review in THE Audio Beatnik
« on: March 07, 2018, 09:39:55 PM »
Reviewing the Digital Amplifier Company’s MEGAschino Cherry Amp ---- March 5, 2018

http://theaudiobeatnik.com/reviewing-the-digital-amplifier-companys-megaschino-cherry-amp/

Excerpts....

"The top-end is the best I have heard from a Class D amp so far. It is nicely textured and extended, but compared to my reference Pass 30.8, there is an ever so slight amount of homogenization in the upper octaves, but it is ever so slight.The top-end is nicely detailed, and it has no glare or edginess. The truth is that it is quite beautiful."

"The other thing I would say about the MEGAschino is that it has great attack and definition in the midrange without sounding aggressive or the least bit “transitory.” It sounds smooth throughout its frequency range, and it also seems more tonally accurate than other Class D amps. For that matter, it also sounds better than most transistor amps. Vocals were played with an incredibly clear window on the performance, and instruments seemed to be right there in the room with me. Vocals also had good body and weight."

"It has a bit of the bloom in the midrange that I most often associate with single-ended Triode tube amps. It also lets you hear the layering of the music like SET amps. Now don’t get me wrong, the MEGAschino will never be mistaken for a SET tube amp, but it does give you just a touch of their magic but with much more power. I was rather surprised by this..."

Much more in the article (click on the link above).  Thanks for taking a look!

-Tommy O
Digital Amplifier Company
  Makers of the "Cherry Amplifier" (R)
    WE DELIVER THE DETAIL
      ---- www.CherryAmp.com ----

Offline Nick B

• Audio Neurotic
Re: MEGAschino Review in THE Audio Beatnik
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2018, 09:35:08 AM »
Hey Tommy,
Congratulations on the review and good luck on your products. Nice that you’re offering a preamp and with a remote. What a nice feature for your clients as to the products being upgradeable
Nick B
Administrator
Orchard Starkrimson Ultra amp
Supratek Chardonnay preamp
JMR Voce Grande speakers
Border Patrol SEi dac
Holo Red streamer
Hapa Aero digital coax
WyWires Silver cables
TWL Digital American II p cord
Audio Envy p cords
Roon, Tidal, Qobuz