Author Topic: Specs versus experience  (Read 21771 times)

lonewolfny42

Specs versus experience
« Reply #15 on: February 03, 2007, 06:53:34 PM »
Jim.....Sorry to hear about you Dad....

Chris

Double Ugly

Specs versus experience
« Reply #16 on: February 03, 2007, 08:51:24 PM »
Quote from: "WEEZ"
Jim,

Sorry to hear about your dad :cry: .

As for mine...still in remission and doing well.
I'm really happy to hear that.  I'll continue to keep you both in my thoughts and prayers.

As for recordings...did you ever notice that some of the older rock stuff when played back on a high resolution system....every thing sounds splashy?...like only the tweeter is working? :shock:
Yep, and like you, I've come to the conclusion that some recordings are simply absent bass.  Goodness knows the Timepieces will tell me all about it if it's there.  :wink:

Speaking of which, I'd be remiss if I didn't mention how amazed I am by the Timepieces' improvement since Bob's last...what?...adjustments?  Whatever they are, EVERYTHING is better.  The only real issue I had w/ them before - the highs - is solved in spades, and the midrange and bass are as good as any I've heard this side of the Revelations.  

I really hope you make it down my way sometime so I can have someone other than my wife confirm what I'm hearing.  :wink:  Good music, good company, and Kandy is an amazing cook.  At least 2lbs gained per meal, guaranteed!  What's not to like?  :lol:

Zip me an e-mail if you have time to stop in Cookeville...
Not this time, my friend.  We went through Chattanooga, K-ville and straight up to Kingsport on the way up, and Tuesday we'll be leaving immediately after my court date with the female anti-Christ so we can be back at work Wednesday.  

Will DCI be coming to MTSU this summer?  If so, that'd be a GREAT time to get together.  Otherwise I'll let you know next time I/we visit my sis in Murfressboro.

Quote from: "lonewolfny42"
Jim.....Sorry to hear about you Dad....

Chris
Thanks, Chris.  It breaks my heart seeing him in his current state, but he's my Dad, and I'll take every opportunity to be with him while it still matters.

-Jim

WEEZ

Specs versus experience
« Reply #17 on: February 04, 2007, 05:16:31 AM »
Jim,

I'll let you know if there's a DCI event in Murfreesboro...most likely there will be. Those are kick-ass shows.

Good luck buddy.

Lin,

Yup. Bad mixing...OR...using crummy microphones in the first place. But in the end, there's still some good music and you just have to let your imagination fill in the missing information.

WEEZ!