Author Topic: Aether Audio- Spirit 1  (Read 31517 times)

evan1

Re: Aether Audio- Spirit 1
« Reply #15 on: June 20, 2010, 06:33:36 AM »
I'm listening to Bill Frisell "East meets West". I swear I am in the audience. on the first track "I heard it through the gravevine " the soundstage is so huge. The guitars sound like there coming over the halls sound system with a little reverb from up above with the drums dead center in the back behind the speakers. Wow. These speakers have such a realistic presentation. Screw Fathers Day ! I'm listening to music . Bob if your reading , send me a set of TP 3.0's to demo.
« Last Edit: June 20, 2010, 07:27:12 AM by evan1 »

Offline bpape

• Audio Neurotic
  • Sensible Sound Solutions
    • Owner - Sensible Sound Solutions
« Reply #16 on: June 20, 2010, 07:16:21 AM »
That's what I love about monitors.  The soundstage is just killer and you can adjust for your preference - nearfield, farfield, somewhere between.

Bryan
I am serious... and don't call me Shirley

evan1

« Reply #17 on: June 20, 2010, 07:26:53 AM »
I never thought I would like a monitor. In my mind I always felt that they couldn't sound like much

evan1

« Reply #18 on: June 20, 2010, 09:02:38 AM »
After some reading around the web and the reasons here http://aetheraudio.com/technology.html
I am convinced this is the reason why these speakers sound so good . I think you get less distortion and better imaging and more of the music without much distortion or reflected sound with this technology. My room is only about 15x15 , which is not big and has  some absorbtion panels , usual couch , chair ,fireplace ,flat screen which I usually cover with a blanket but like the sound from these speakers with no blanket over it.
« Last Edit: June 20, 2010, 03:46:47 PM by evan1 »

lonewolfny42

« Reply #19 on: June 20, 2010, 01:53:57 PM »
Sounds like you like them Evan.... 8)

Offline topround

• Audio Neurotic
  • Life without Bach, would be a mistake
« Reply #20 on: June 20, 2010, 02:33:12 PM »
I think monitors have an advantage over floor standers in some respects.
They seem to get out of the way of the music, they can image really well. Most can't go very low(unlike the TP's) but they hold a special charm that big speakers can't get past.
Trying to throw big orchestral works at monitors can be a problem, but many do a very good job at it.
I remember hearing a pair of Sonus Faber Cremona monitors with a Krell integrated. It was just wondeful! I never forgot it. They two worked together so well.
mike
System consists of an amp a preamp, 2 speakers a turntable and a phono preamp, Also some cables and power cords and a really cheap cd player.

evan1

« Reply #21 on: June 20, 2010, 03:46:01 PM »
Sounds like you like them Evan.... 8)

:thumb:

ooheadsoo

« Reply #22 on: June 20, 2010, 05:46:30 PM »
These sound like a real deal.  I have TP3.0s and can attest to the incredible bass.  I don't need subwoofers in my room!  Best of luck to Bob with the tour.  While his designs sound great playing soft, they also sound great playing at live volumes.  Gotta bring the power, though.  I'm enjoying my pairing with DAC's DAC4800A.

Offline Face

• Obsessively Audiophilic
« Reply #23 on: June 20, 2010, 05:51:00 PM »
Are the vocals any better now?  Have you played with positioning, listening position, etc...?  With that kind of driver spacing, I would imagine moving them back may help.

evan1

« Reply #24 on: June 21, 2010, 01:47:12 AM »
Vocals are fine now. It may have been my ears getting accustomed to the sound.. I have then spaced about 8 ft apart with a slight toe in. and about 10 ft away from me. And yes these guys love power.Mike

Mike, I will try some orchestra music this week and see how they sound.

ooheadsoo

« Reply #25 on: June 21, 2010, 06:38:22 PM »
oh man, if they are anything like the tp3s, they will blow your mind.

Offline BobM

• Audio Neurotic
« Reply #26 on: June 22, 2010, 06:36:31 AM »
I would strongly suggest using another recording other than East Meets West by Frisell. He uses some wierd flanging and phase adjustments to get his guitar to sound that way. It is not accurate soundstaging and sounds like it is coming from everywhere. That is definitely an out of phase kind of thing.

Laugh and the world laughs with you. Cry and you'll have to blow your nose.

Offline richidoo

• Out Of My Speaker Cabinet
« Reply #27 on: June 22, 2010, 07:32:32 AM »
Did you ever hear the bridgestone TV commercials? They put some kind of wild space phase trick on that synth patch at the end when they show the trademark. They have done the whole commercial as music video before too, it sounds cool. I wish I could capture it without the directv compression.

http://audioaficionado.org/general-audio-discussion/4269-phase-trick-cds-lps.html

Ken's TP1s had great bass too. I could hear it from outside his house.

evan1

« Reply #28 on: June 22, 2010, 12:11:21 PM »
I would strongly suggest using another recording other than East Meets West by Frisell. He uses some wierd flanging and phase adjustments to get his guitar to sound that way. It is not accurate soundstaging and sounds like it is coming from everywhere. That is definitely an out of phase kind of thing.

I'm listening to a bunch of stuff, not just that

evan1

« Reply #29 on: June 22, 2010, 12:13:23 PM »
oops ,I forgot a "." (period) above ^. I hope the Gestapo doesn't see it.  :rofl: