Author Topic: A visit with GT Audio Works  (Read 2860 times)

Offline rollo

• Industry Participant
  • Rollo Audio - Home demo the only way to know
A visit with GT Audio Works
« on: October 24, 2012, 06:39:57 AM »
  Yesterday we ventured out to NJ to have a listen. Greg and his Wife Jennete were wobderfull hosts. Thanks for the food, just wonderfull.
  We broght some toys for Greg to experiment with. The dynamics of these speakers are off the charts. Explosive would be a good word. The older model Bryston 4B was great at punch dynamics and slam. However a bit hard and dry overall.
  First we tried a Triode Wire Labs 7+ PC with the Bryston . Instantly we noticed a more natural presentation. VG good combo.
  After awhile we put the Arion hybrids in and the game changed. Gone was the over detailed top with a natural character. Less strained and a much quieter background.
    The icing on the cake was the insertion of the Uberbuss feeding everything in the system.
   The speaker is well just amazing for what it does and at the price KABOOM for the buck. Clarity, dynamics with a midrange that brings one into the music. The bass goes real low and was seemless with the panels. Maybe a bass trap or two would have been optimal but that is nitpicking.
   A fine speaker at a great price. The Rave at Toprounds will be loads of fun with the Titans, Merril and Arion  amps and Wes's preamp oh my !! Looking forward to that day.

charles
contact me  at rollo14@verizon.net or visit us on Facebook
Lamm Industries - Aqua Acoustic, Formula & La Scala DAC- INNUOS  - Rethm - Kuzma - QLN - Audio Hungary Qualiton - Fritz speakers -Gigawatt -Vinnie Rossi,TWL, Swiss Cables, Merason DAC.

Offline BobM

• Audio Neurotic
Re: A visit with GT Audio Works
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2012, 07:14:49 AM »
From what I remember of these speakers at the NY Show they were just stupid good. Waaaaayyyyy underpriced (but I can understand the need to get buyers and a name established). If I didn't already own Apogees I would be seriously considering these babies.

Yes, Topround's rave is going to be fun.
Laugh and the world laughs with you. Cry and you'll have to blow your nose.

Offline Putz

• Obsessively Audiophilic
« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2012, 07:23:55 AM »
What Bob said. Greg's room in NYC was tiny with no treatments and speakers were in my top 5. Looking forward to hearing them in a more ideal setting.

Offline rollo

• Industry Participant
  • Rollo Audio - Home demo the only way to know
« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2013, 11:32:41 AM »
   Feb 16th at Toprounds house. The latest and greatest GTA speaker to date. Greg made a few minor revisions that have paid off in spades.
    I call it the Maggie nightmare. Great work Greg.

charles
contact me  at rollo14@verizon.net or visit us on Facebook
Lamm Industries - Aqua Acoustic, Formula & La Scala DAC- INNUOS  - Rethm - Kuzma - QLN - Audio Hungary Qualiton - Fritz speakers -Gigawatt -Vinnie Rossi,TWL, Swiss Cables, Merason DAC.