Author Topic: It's a Mad Mad Mad Mad (Scientist) world!  (Read 9206 times)

Offline dflee

• Obsessively Audiophilic
It's a Mad Mad Mad Mad (Scientist) world!
« on: March 19, 2016, 07:57:57 AM »
Got free sample discs a while back from Mad Scientist and have been playing with them in different positions. I'm not going to go into all my equipment and how, when and where I had the discs. Their free, find out for yourself on your own stuff. I will say that until you put the disc on the headphone jack, you haven't heard how radical these things are. My system has really been a lot better with Pete's sc and I'm not sure which cable the discs are helping but now things are a little more laid back. I still get all the micros just not quite as up front as before and am hearing things in very familiar music I haven't noticed before. Not great with words and liking analogies will tell ya it's like somebody had a hot mike and now it's gone but the detail is still present. Everything is fuller sounding and more balanced thus allowing nuances and minor instruments to be heard. Listened to Tim Obrien "The Crossing" and actually heard the room acoustics in the recording and the wood from his mandolin. The discs had varying effects in different positions and I liked them on the positive side of the amp out sc. Would like to try the rest of their stable sometime. Had a guy tell me there was no change on his 6K sc and I told him that a free tweek better not be able to change them cause if they did then something ain't right.
Anybody else out there? Would like to hear what you think.

Don
"Enjoy pleasure, not because it is fleeting, but because it exists at all." Sacrament, Clive Barker.

Offline _Scotty_

• “Sic transit gloria mundi”
Re: It's a Mad Mad Mad Mad (Scientist) world!
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2016, 10:40:13 AM »
Any tweak that actually works regardless of how crazy it may seem to be, should be able to pass a single blind test. This is what I ask a tweak to do.
 I also ask any questionable piece of gear that might be better than what I already have to pass this test.
 Most of the time a single blind test is completely unnecessary and, occasionally this will save you some money.
Scotty

Offline rollo

• Industry Participant
  • Rollo Audio - Home demo the only way to know
« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2016, 12:28:23 PM »
  More to come. the MS products are very affective if used properly.
   Soon to be offered by MS will be "kits' consisting of the correct amount of Magic tubes and Black discuss for each component and cables with instructions and a money back guarantee.
   These devices have transformed my system as well as some of my customers.

charles

contact me  at rollo14@verizon.net or visit us on Facebook
Lamm Industries - Aqua Acoustic, Formula & La Scala DAC- INNUOS  - Rethm - Kuzma - QLN - Audio Hungary Qualiton - Fritz speakers -Gigawatt -Vinnie Rossi,TWL, Swiss Cables, Merason DAC.

Offline rollo

• Industry Participant
« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2016, 07:51:36 AM »
   Well received the HDC+ and HAC+ series of Digital and analog IC's from Mad Scientist.
    Using carbon fiber conductor and uniuque shieling and return wires a must hear IMO.
       I will carry these in stock and have demo ICs available shortly. If you have never experienced carbon fiber conductors [ Van Del Hull ] you are in for a treat.

charles
Lamm Industries - Aqua Acoustic, Formula & La Scala DAC- INNUOS  - Rethm - Kuzma - QLN - Audio Hungary Qualiton - Fritz speakers -Gigawatt -Vinnie Rossi,TWL, Swiss Cables, Merason DAC.

Offline richidoo

• Out Of My Speaker Cabinet
« Reply #4 on: April 19, 2016, 11:05:30 AM »
Tell us about that carbon fiber conductor. I thought carbon was a poor conductor?

What is the carbon footprint of these wires?  :rofl:

Offline _Scotty_

• “Sic transit gloria mundi”
« Reply #5 on: April 19, 2016, 06:03:42 PM »
Google carbon fiber nano-tube conductors.
http://pyrografproducts.com/Merchant5/merchant.mvc?Screen=CTGY&Store_Code=1&Category_Code=El
http://www.nano-lab.com/carbonnanotubeproducts.html
I am interested in how they sound and how they measure compared to conventional copper based ICs. It would interesting to know how the materials they are made from have impacted the RCL parameters.
Scotty

Offline rollo

• Industry Participant
« Reply #6 on: April 22, 2016, 05:03:53 PM »
  Guys I will ask Bob Pragnell the Mad Scientist himself to address those questions here as I just to not know.

charles

Offline rollo

• Industry Participant
« Reply #7 on: April 22, 2016, 05:13:04 PM »
Tell us about that carbon fiber conductor. I thought carbon was a poor conductor?

What is the carbon footprint of these wires?  :rofl:

Well Richidoo it appears design is more important than conductivity as applied. Furutech uses phosphor bronze with a Rhodium coating sounds great.
   Listen don't measure you will be better off. Scotty I believe they are 37.5 ohms, not sure of resistance or capacitance.
   I have demo cables here with KLE silver and copper connectors if would like to hear them. 

charles

charles