Author Topic: Hear music the way it was intended to be reproduced  (Read 7348 times)

Offline rollo

• Industry Participant
  • Rollo Audio - Home demo the only way to know
Re: Hear music the way it was intended to be reproduced
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2012, 02:00:37 PM »
 Interesting read . A B&K curve ? A convoluted processor ? A lot based on the golden ratio in set up. Makes sense to do the same when reproducing the signal .
  Room correction may measure well however to my ears sounds thin and bright. Have not heard the latest efforts though.
  Set up my room in a equilateral triangle works well. Live and dead as well. Measures relatively flat.
  Very usefull info Richadoo good find.

charles
contact me  at rollo14@verizon.net or visit us on Facebook
Lamm Industries - Aqua Acoustic, Formula & La Scala DAC- INNUOS  - Rethm - Kuzma - QLN - Audio Hungary Qualiton - Fritz speakers -Gigawatt -Vinnie Rossi,TWL, Swiss Cables, Merason DAC.

Offline Werd

• Obsessively Audiophilic
  • Return of the Hot Librarians 2016
« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2012, 02:34:13 PM »
Interesting read . A B&K curve ? A convoluted processor ? A lot based on the golden ratio in set up. Makes sense to do the same when reproducing the signal .
  Room correction may measure well however to my ears sounds thin and bright. Have not heard the latest efforts though.
  Set up my room in a equilateral triangle works well. Live and dead as well. Measures relatively flat.
  Very usefull info Richadoo good find.

charles

Sorry for necroing this.

Rollo  when you say equilateral triangle, where is the center of the room in contrast to this? I try and create an Equilateral triangle but my seat is right in the middle of the room. Do you do this? Also when you say live and dead do yo mean live end/deadend in room treatments?

I am reinventing my listening position ATM and I want to bring my speaks closer into the 1/3 position.

I just bought 3 242 panels from GIK and i haven't hung them as I am moving them around to get a feel of the panels/room interface. Won't start permanent placement until I get another 3 at least.

Just wandering?
« Last Edit: July 15, 2012, 02:35:50 PM by Werd »
Nola Viper Reference iii, Nola Blue Thunder Subs, Chapter Couplet 400s, Chapter Précis 250 integrated set to pre, Bryston BDA2/BDP1.
Torus RM-20 240v

Gutwire, TWL, Wywires,

Offline rollo

• Industry Participant
  • Rollo Audio - Home demo the only way to know
« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2012, 07:53:15 AM »
   That would be the speakers about one third of room dimension from rear wall. The listening position same distance as the distance between the two speakers. This is a starting point. One could than move the listening position as desired to lock in the soundstage. Yes I use this method. The Pipedreams like a live front wall ] I use RPG wood diffusers. The side walls are reflective and absorptive [ Echo Busters ] with absorption at the rear wall.
   My Maggies require a dead front wall and diffusion at the rear wall. Side walls like diffusion as well.
  The Lenehan monitors set up well being well out from the front wall. I sit about 3 ft from back wall adding distance from front wall.
   If I was to build a room say for the Pipedreams it would be set up where I could get the rear wall away from the speakers as much as possible while having about 10 behind me for rear wall. That would be a very large room. Right now the Maggies or Lenehans are quite happy with the room [ 16x22]. Too small for the Pipes but we manage.

charles
contact me  at rollo14@verizon.net or visit us on Facebook
Lamm Industries - Aqua Acoustic, Formula & La Scala DAC- INNUOS  - Rethm - Kuzma - QLN - Audio Hungary Qualiton - Fritz speakers -Gigawatt -Vinnie Rossi,TWL, Swiss Cables, Merason DAC.