Author Topic: Pics of the room after some changes  (Read 11379 times)

Offline richidoo

• Out Of My Speaker Cabinet
Re: Pics of the room after some changes
« Reply #15 on: December 18, 2011, 09:41:26 AM »
Concave spaces behind or around the speakers are usually not good.  

musicfile

« Reply #16 on: December 18, 2011, 09:57:22 AM »
Concave spaces behind or around the speakers are usually not good.  
Thanks Rich
The inital sound was quite good much better then when I had them on the long wall
I'm not sure how much further I should pull them forward before the imaging completely collapses
the speakers are heavy and it's no fun trying to move them

Offline richidoo

• Out Of My Speaker Cabinet
« Reply #17 on: December 18, 2011, 10:33:32 AM »
Enjoy it for a while, get used to the changes. If it serves the music then that's good enough, even if there is more to be had in the gear/room. It is paranoia to fret about things unknown, and obsession to 'need' every drop. It's OK to leave some audio performance on the table, because audio is secondary to music enjoyment. The message is more important than the messenger. If you had a Porsche you would never use it's full ability and you wouldn't care because the performance bandwidth that you do you use is satisfying enough.

musicfile

« Reply #18 on: December 18, 2011, 12:01:13 PM »
Enjoy it for a while, get used to the changes. If it serves the music then that's good enough, even if there is more to be had in the gear/room. It is paranoia to fret about things unknown, and obsession to 'need' every drop. It's OK to leave some audio performance on the table, because audio is secondary to music enjoyment. The message is more important than the messenger. If you had a Porsche you would never use it's full ability and you wouldn't care because the performance bandwidth that you do you use is satisfying enough.
Well said
You're a wise man  8)

Offline Barry (NJ)

• Audio Neurotic
« Reply #19 on: February 21, 2012, 06:10:50 PM »
If you had a Porsche you would never use it's full ability and you wouldn't care because the performance bandwidth that you do you use is satisfying enough.

Hmmm... I don't know... I find it's more fun to drive a slow car fast, than it is to drive a fast car slow...

Though in audio it's a bit different ;)
Happiness is when your system overcomes your nervosa ;) 
So much media, so little time... My Media Room...