Author Topic: VOODOO Copper Duplex Receptacle  (Read 14825 times)

Offline richidoo

• Out Of My Speaker Cabinet
Re: VOODOO Copper Duplex Receptacle
« Reply #15 on: November 23, 2016, 05:13:38 AM »
Thanks for the pics.

I was expecting the contacts to look redder with 95% copper.

In this video, the phosphor bronze guitar strings are only 92% copper, voodoo claims 95% copper.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PQmxCU9k8TI

Offline rollo

• Industry Participant
  • Rollo Audio - Home demo the only way to know
« Reply #16 on: November 23, 2016, 07:31:21 AM »
   Looks can be deceiving. Listen to the result after installation. Glad to see you bought one to actually try.
  When we compared the outlets to one another we had one Uberbuss with ad one without.
  In comparison the Voodoo sound was more open, transparent with more info. Bass was improved as well.
  Then we connected the Uber to a Pass & Seymor 5362A heavy duty receptacle at the wall, then the Voodoo at the wall. Same experience sound improved.
  All power cords used were TWL with copper plugs. Both Digital American high Current, Std. Digital American and 7+ series cords.
  Comparing the VooDoo to Furutech GTX-D the Furutech seemed almost equal with better bass from the Voodoo, very close call. Bang for the buck goes to Voodoo in our experiment.
   Looks are for looks don't be fooled. Put it in.

charles

contact me  at rollo14@verizon.net or visit us on Facebook
Lamm Industries - Aqua Acoustic, Formula & La Scala DAC- INNUOS  - Rethm - Kuzma - QLN - Audio Hungary Qualiton - Fritz speakers -Gigawatt -Vinnie Rossi,TWL, Swiss Cables, Merason DAC.

Offline rollo

• Industry Participant
« Reply #17 on: November 23, 2016, 07:32:50 AM »
Thanks for the pics.

I was expecting the contacts to look redder with 95% copper.

In this video, the phosphor bronze guitar strings are only 92% copper, voodoo claims 95% copper.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PQmxCU9k8TI

Lock them up ! Sorry could not resist, still had my Trump hat on. :rofl:

charles
Lamm Industries - Aqua Acoustic, Formula & La Scala DAC- INNUOS  - Rethm - Kuzma - QLN - Audio Hungary Qualiton - Fritz speakers -Gigawatt -Vinnie Rossi,TWL, Swiss Cables, Merason DAC.

Offline Werd

• Obsessively Audiophilic
  • Return of the Hot Librarians 2016
« Reply #18 on: November 23, 2016, 02:18:55 PM »
Everyone get their Trump bucks out and buy one. 👍
Nola Viper Reference iii, Nola Blue Thunder Subs, Chapter Couplet 400s, Chapter Précis 250 integrated set to pre, Bryston BDA2/BDP1.
Torus RM-20 240v

Gutwire, TWL, Wywires,

Offline P.I.

• Industry Participant
  • Silence is that blackness beneath the music
    • P.I. audio group, LLC
« Reply #19 on: November 29, 2016, 12:12:40 PM »
I've been looking at receptacles for quite a while since I started my journey in lunacy that is the audio business.  I settled on P&S because they sounded better than other spec grade receptacle in the original RevB MajikBUSS and the Uber.  I was looking for a specific sonic signature - neutral - in my application.

Receptacles are like any other tweak.  Different is just different.  Better is better.  Sometimes it is deceptive in that one area in sonics where one receptacle excels in a specific frequency range.  Add to this the fact that every system is different and we have a great platform for discussion.

I have found that the single most important aspect of the receptacle to be the surface finish of the material used as a conductor.  Next is the material alloy/plating, then the thickness of the contacts and finally having a non-magnetic receptacle.

Surface finish contributes to the overall noise floor of the receptacle/plug combination.

Isn't it interesting that something such as a receptacle can have such a profound influence on the overall sonic signature of a great system?

There are a lot of good receptacles to choose from - party on   :thumb:
"A man with an experience is never at the mercy of a man with an argument." - Hilmar von Campe

Offline rollo

• Industry Participant
« Reply #20 on: December 02, 2016, 07:29:55 AM »
  Ordered [7] to play with. Me thinks the fact that the powercords I use have copper IEC and plug. The receptacles being copper as well is an advantage.
   So maybe in my case when we compared the Ubers directly with the different receptacles installed the all copper had an advantage.
   Guessing here as to why however the sonic result was that the Voodoo receptacles presented a more open sound stage with better focus and transparency.
    When we used the Furutech GTX against the Voodoo in the Digibuss the Furutech was colored in direct comparison. Colored warm which at first seemed more desirable. After listening awhile we concluded the Voodoo offered a more transparent less romantic sound. Neutral as neutral can be was our final conclusion.
     At the wall the Voodoo did the same thing. Increased stage more dynamic with stronger bass.
    So is the Voodoo just a better receptacle or in our tests the copper to copper hook up aided the final outcome.

charles

Offline Werd

« Reply #21 on: December 04, 2016, 06:04:59 AM »
I have a bunch of those voodoo outlets. Those are the same outlets that came in my Torus.  They are good but not in the same class as the Furutech. 
Nola Viper Reference iii, Nola Blue Thunder Subs, Chapter Couplet 400s, Chapter Précis 250 integrated set to pre, Bryston BDA2/BDP1.
Torus RM-20 240v

Gutwire, TWL, Wywires,

Offline Werd

« Reply #22 on: December 04, 2016, 06:18:50 AM »
Charles,
How does the Voodoo Copper Duplex compare to the Furutech GTX-D (Rhodium) ?

thanks,
AH

I own both and including the Furutech GTX-D gold.  I have like 5 of those Voodoo outlets...  :rofl:. They are better suited for comparison against the GTX Rhodium in my Torus. The Furutech is a far more fleshed out sounding outlet than the Voodoo while powering the treble. The way Rhodium does compared to the gold.
Torus RM-20 240v

Gutwire, TWL, Wywires,

Offline rpf

« Reply #23 on: December 04, 2016, 01:45:21 PM »
I have the Furutech GTX Rhodium and GTX Gold. Both good. Neither are as good as the Furutech FPX Copper polished by Dave. Not even close.
Mac Mini>Singxer SU-1>Lampizator Amber II>Rogue Cronus Magnum>Aural Acoustics Model B.
TWL PCs; Audio Envy ICs & SCs; Purist Digital IC; PI Audio USB Cable and Buss-Stop.
Sonos Connect, iFi SPDIF iPurifier, Schiit Modi Multibit, Audioengine 5+

Offline P.I.

• Industry Participant
  • Silence is that blackness beneath the music
    • P.I. audio group, LLC
« Reply #24 on: December 04, 2016, 08:15:06 PM »
Ask 10 people for martini recipes and you'll get 11 or more...

I have learned that there is not a "best receptacle."  That estimation is overplayed beyond reason.  The best receptacle is the one that sounds best.  Doesn't have to be the most expensive either.

There are specific characteristics of each material and plating that can be learned and applications extrapolated from them.  That takes time and cut and try or sharing what we have learned.  This includes speakers, amp types and everything else about the system.
"A man with an experience is never at the mercy of a man with an argument." - Hilmar von Campe

Offline Werd

« Reply #25 on: December 04, 2016, 09:49:28 PM »
I don't recall anyone saying it was the best. I only recall, well me anyways, the Furutech was only better than the Voodoo outlet. Doesn't have to be true. just saying...
Torus RM-20 240v

Gutwire, TWL, Wywires,

Offline rollo

• Industry Participant
« Reply #26 on: December 05, 2016, 07:08:50 AM »
 Thanks guys, interesting findings Werd from your hands on experience. As far as best I agree there is no "best" in our hobby, maybe best for ones application but not best in general.
  At &60 retail with Graphite cover plate  compared to Furutech it is IMHO bang for the buck. Thats all folks.

charles
« Last Edit: December 05, 2016, 07:13:18 AM by rollo »

Offline rpf

« Reply #27 on: December 05, 2016, 07:14:35 AM »
We all have enough time on the boards to know statements made are in our experience, in our systems.
Mac Mini>Singxer SU-1>Lampizator Amber II>Rogue Cronus Magnum>Aural Acoustics Model B.
TWL PCs; Audio Envy ICs & SCs; Purist Digital IC; PI Audio USB Cable and Buss-Stop.
Sonos Connect, iFi SPDIF iPurifier, Schiit Modi Multibit, Audioengine 5+

Offline Werd

« Reply #28 on: December 05, 2016, 07:55:16 AM »
I think it is safe to say the craftmanship is superior on the Furutech outlet. It feels heavier than the Voodoo. Better designed using the flares to cover the contacts. If anything the two outlets demonstrate, if you make the contacts better along with plating it can make real audible differences. The Hubbell rebadged voodoo is good outlet and I would use it for a production model then leave the Furutechs for tweakers.
Torus RM-20 240v

Gutwire, TWL, Wywires,

Offline rollo

• Industry Participant
« Reply #29 on: December 05, 2016, 10:35:30 AM »
We all have enough time on the boards to know statements made are in our experience, in our systems.

Not all Rob like you unfortunately. Lots of hooting from the hip out there and here as well.

merry, merry

charles