Author Topic: GoldenEar Triton Reference  (Read 1957 times)

Offline jessearias

• Certifiable
GoldenEar Triton Reference
« on: August 12, 2017, 01:49:37 PM »
I just received my new copy of the Absolute Sound and read the review on the Triton Reference.  Kind of  finiky on placement, but a lot of speakers are in that respect.  But the overall review is very nice. The AS can be critical at times on something equipment does not do it right, but they pretty much gave it a thumbs up across the board.  :D The other notable thing is their relatively high efficiency of 93 DB witch makes them pretty friendly to tube gear.

I am waiting on my dealer to get a pair in so I can listen to them myself. They have some B&W floor standers that I like the sound of and some Paradigm's as well. Both cost twice as much and I want to see how the Triton Reference stand up to them.

It might be a real drag race between these speakers if the AS review is what they say they are. :thumb:
« Last Edit: August 12, 2017, 01:59:48 PM by jessearias »
Parasound A21, Parasound JC2BP, Oppo 205 BR/SACD Disc Player, Marantz ST6000 Tuner, GoldenEar Triton 2 speakers and Supersub XXL, Triode Wire Labs interconnects, power cables and speaker wire, PI Audio Uber, Mini and Digibuss, Border Patrol DAC

Offline jimbones

• Audio Neurotic
  • Two plus Two Speakers
Re: GoldenEar Triton Reference
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2017, 03:29:19 PM »
The tweeter in them is amazing.
Rogue RP7 Pre, Art Audio Vinyl Reference Phono,CJ Premier 12 Pwr, VPI Classic II/Dynavector 20X2L, Roon Rock, Auralic Vega DAC, Emotiva ERC-3, MIT, TWL, WireWorld, Wywires, Shunyata