Author Topic: Pipedream 924  (Read 3337 times)

Offline rollo

• Industry Participant
  • Rollo Audio - Home demo the only way to know
Pipedream 924
« on: August 07, 2017, 01:32:45 PM »
  Lee Porzilli's personal pair. Retail 18.5K Bubinga finish, no grill, black bass plates. 24 silk dome tweeters and nine mid/bass drivers per side. Work perfectly.
    They weigh about 300lbs each and stand 6'-6" high.  STEAL THESE FOR 2.5K pick up only.  They are silly good just will have way to many speakers on hand. They need a good home.

charles
contact me  at rollo14@verizon.net or visit us on Facebook
Lamm Industries - Aqua Acoustic, Formula & La Scala DAC- INNUOS  - Rethm - Kuzma - QLN - Audio Hungary Qualiton - Fritz speakers -Gigawatt -Vinnie Rossi,TWL, Swiss Cables, Merason DAC.

Offline Nick B

• Audio Neurotic
Re: Pipedream 924
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2017, 10:33:47 AM »
  Lee Porzilli's personal pair. Retail 18.5K Bubinga finish, no grill, black bass plates. 24 silk dome tweeters and nine mid/bass drivers per side. Work perfectly.
    They weigh about 300lbs each and stand 6'-6" high.  STEAL THESE FOR 2.5K pick up only.  They are silly good just will have way to many speakers on hand. They need a good home.

charles

Good luck on those, Charles. 300 lbs...those are beasts
Nick
Orchard Starkrimson Ultra amp
Supratek Chardonnay preamp
JMR Voce Grande speakers
Border Patrol SEi dac
Holo Red streamer
Hapa Aero digital coax
WyWires Silver cables
TWL Digital American II p cord
Audio Envy p cords
Roon, Tidal, Qobuz
PI Audio UberBUSS

Offline rollo

• Industry Participant
« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2017, 09:13:21 AM »
Yes they are. beasty beasts :rofl:

charles
Lamm Industries - Aqua Acoustic, Formula & La Scala DAC- INNUOS  - Rethm - Kuzma - QLN - Audio Hungary Qualiton - Fritz speakers -Gigawatt -Vinnie Rossi,TWL, Swiss Cables, Merason DAC.

Offline rollo

• Industry Participant
« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2017, 07:11:57 AM »
hi charles,

maybe you'll answer me here; you didn't seem to want to answer in the analysis omega speaker thread.  ;)

is lee porzilli any relation to mark; owner/designer of pipedreams? :D  (and owner/designer of my recently mark-porzilli refurb'd and upgraded melos ma333r.)  8)

and, did you ever get the 18 non-functioning tweets in the left speaker working?  if i ever get another job, i might be interested in these...

doug s.

My error brain fart just never corrected it. Yes Marks personal pair. Yes the tweeters work. They run in a series of [8] the first tweeter in line blew when my amp blew. Only needed to replace the first ones in line and now all perfect.
   Soon to wrapped up for storage until they go or we get a bigger showroom.

charles

charles

Offline topround

• Audio Neurotic
  • Life without Bach, would be a mistake
« Reply #4 on: September 01, 2017, 07:45:57 AM »
you might want to check the resistors in the crossover as well, they can get damaged when an amp blows drivers
System consists of an amp a preamp, 2 speakers a turntable and a phono preamp, Also some cables and power cords and a really cheap cd player.

Offline rollo

• Industry Participant
« Reply #5 on: September 01, 2017, 10:30:33 AM »
you might want to check the resistors in the crossover as well, they can get damaged when an amp blows drivers

Thanks Mike did that a non issue. Besides no crossover just some resistors.

charles

Offline topround

• Audio Neurotic
« Reply #6 on: September 03, 2017, 02:37:23 PM »
Just to be factual, these are not Mark Porzilis personal pair, Mark never had a personal pair of Pipedreams, the only ones he used for a period of time were a pair that a friend owns currently and they were a protoype, never built for resale, more of an experiment, one that went very well!

I love line arrays, but they need a big room and lots of room behind them to work well....at least these guys do...
System consists of an amp a preamp, 2 speakers a turntable and a phono preamp, Also some cables and power cords and a really cheap cd player.

Offline rollo

• Industry Participant
« Reply #7 on: September 06, 2017, 11:13:20 AM »
Just to be factual, these are not Mark Porzilis personal pair, Mark never had a personal pair of Pipedreams, the only ones he used for a period of time were a pair that a friend owns currently and they were a protoype, never built for resale, more of an experiment, one that went very well!

I love line arrays, but they need a big room and lots of room behind them to work well....at least these guys do...

Mike I do not know where you get your facts from. These ARE Marks personal pair. They were bought from Scot Markwell who got them from Mark period. Scott Markwell informed me that these were the pair Mark was using, so his personal pair for awhile. Correct the 924 never made it to market before they broke up. However according to Markwell, Porzilli favored this design over the larger ones. I do as well.
  The 924 requires 4' from front wall minimum, 8' more desirable.  Side walls 2' OK more better.  Thanks again Mike for helping me out again . We had a talk I guess it did not help.
  Might as well remove the Ad now, Thanks again.

charles

Offline topround

• Audio Neurotic
« Reply #8 on: September 06, 2017, 01:40:24 PM »
no problem........my pleasure to help