Author Topic: Music I've Discovered in the Last Several Weeks  (Read 4522 times)

Offline richidoo

• Out Of My Speaker Cabinet
Re: Music I've Discovered in the Last Several Weeks
« Reply #15 on: July 14, 2017, 01:02:34 PM »
I like it! Organic process of discovery.

djdube525

« Reply #16 on: July 14, 2017, 01:39:11 PM »
Lee Ritenour: Rhythm Sessions Deluxe Edition
Melba Liston and her Bones
Dave Brubeck
Chet Baker
John Coltrane
Bill Evans
Roseanna Vitro
Art Pepper
Randy Weston Trio
Milt Jackson
Pat Metheny
Dianne Reeves
Ken Burns
Dave Grusin
Clifford Brown
Ry Cooder
Patty Griffin
Red Garland
Kathrin deBoer

Not to add yet another to your list... but I notice a number of Jazz artists on there...

Here's a "plug" for a (now) Durham, NC Resident: Nnenna Freelon (http://nnenna.com/)

Fun fact... she's married to Philip Freelon who was the lead architect for the Smithsonian National Museum of African American History and Culture (https://nmaahc.si.edu/).

Talented couple...

-DD

Offline jessearias

• Certifiable
« Reply #17 on: July 15, 2017, 08:15:17 AM »
I regularly listen to Jazz 24 out of Seattle, WA. and they play a great mix of jazz artists. Through listening, I have been turned on to many new artists. Some I have never heard of before. What is even better, they identify the album (with a picture most of the time) that the particular track comes from so you know what to look for. I find that a great reference source.  :D
Parasound A21, Parasound JC2BP, Oppo 205 BR/SACD Disc Player, Marantz ST6000 Tuner, GoldenEar Triton 2 speakers and Supersub XXL, Triode Wire Labs interconnects, power cables and speaker wire, PI Audio Uber, Mini and Digibuss, Border Patrol DAC

Offline Nick B

• Audio Neurotic
« Reply #18 on: July 15, 2017, 08:29:47 AM »
I regularly listen to Jazz 24 out of Seattle, WA. and they play a great mix of jazz artists. Through listening, I have been turned on to many new artists. Some I have never heard of before. What is even better, they identify the album (with a picture most of the time) that the particular track comes from so you know what to look for. I find that a great reference source.  :D

You are listening via a tuner or??
Nick
Orchard Starkrimson Ultra amp
Supratek Chardonnay preamp
JMR Voce Grande speakers
Border Patrol SEi dac
Holo Red streamer
Hapa Aero digital coax
WyWires Silver cables
TWL Digital American II p cord
Audio Envy p cords
Roon, Tidal, Qobuz
PI Audio UberBUSS

Offline jessearias

• Certifiable
« Reply #19 on: July 15, 2017, 05:04:54 PM »
Nick,

Streaming over the internet with my music server (computer). Run through my DAC.  :D

Jesse
Parasound A21, Parasound JC2BP, Oppo 205 BR/SACD Disc Player, Marantz ST6000 Tuner, GoldenEar Triton 2 speakers and Supersub XXL, Triode Wire Labs interconnects, power cables and speaker wire, PI Audio Uber, Mini and Digibuss, Border Patrol DAC

Offline Bob in St. Louis

• Audio Neurotic
« Reply #20 on: July 23, 2017, 09:53:12 AM »
Just ran across this one recently.... can't stop listening to it.
Snowy White - "Midnight Blues"
https://youtu.be/0Sl8JH2jq0g