Author Topic: Jolida JD-3000A Schematic  (Read 15110 times)

mgalusha

Jolida JD-3000A Schematic
« on: January 01, 2011, 06:14:43 PM »
Just wondering if anyone has a copy of the Jolida JD-3000A schematic. I recently acquired a pair of these amps and they both are oscillating at about 161kHz at about 5W of power output. Yep, lovely radio transmitters and yes, that is with a non inductive resistor load and the input shorted. I've started tracing out the board but that of course won't tell me if the part values in mine actually match the design and it's not a quick process. Something is obviously amiss since both amps exhibit the same behavior.

So far my request to Jolida has not resulted in much, so if anyone has this I'd be mighty grateful.

Mike

Offline richidoo

• Out Of My Speaker Cabinet
Re: Jolida JD-3000A Schematic
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2011, 09:39:32 PM »
Sorry about your trouble Mike. Both amps... that sounds fishy.

Maybe this guy has it, or knows who to ask.
http://www.drtube.com/schematics/jolida/sj-502a.gif
http://www.drtube.com/askdrtube.htm

I'll ask some local guys.

mgalusha

Re: Re: Jolida JD-3000A Schematic
« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2011, 06:14:56 AM »
Thanks Rich, I'm hoping someone will be able to help out.

I've an idea of how to address the problem but a schematic would of course be most helpful. :)

Offline Response Audio

• Industry Participant
  • Build your system for yourself, not the critics
    • Purity Audio Design
« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2011, 07:58:03 AM »
Hello Mike,
 I have not forgotten about you. I packed up many of my schematics after doing away with modification work but I know I have it along with hundreds of others. :duh

I just have to get the box out that contains all the Jolida schematics. I will pull through for you. Maybe even by the end of the day :thumb:
Design Engineer
Purity Audio Design www.PurityAudioDesign.com
Purity Foundation Streaming Pre, Foundation DAC, Purity Foundation Hybrid GaN 200, Pure Audio Project Trio 15 Classic, Sony SACD Player, Nakamichi tape deck,

Offline Response Audio

• Industry Participant
    • Purity Audio Design
« Reply #4 on: January 02, 2011, 08:00:03 AM »
Hey there Mike,
 A quick question, what speaker cable are you running with these amps? Is it a smaller gauge? Anything smaller that 14 AWG can cause problems with the amps as well as trouble biasing.
Design Engineer
Purity Foundation Streaming Pre, Foundation DAC, Purity Foundation Hybrid GaN 200, Pure Audio Project Trio 15 Classic, Sony SACD Player, Nakamichi tape deck,

mgalusha

« Reply #5 on: January 02, 2011, 06:02:35 PM »
Thanks Bill. I was determined not to bug you. The last thing I want to do is take advantage of anyone, hence my attempt to purchase them from Jolida.

The cables in the system are Kaplan GS, which is about equivalent to 7GA. They oscillate sitting on my bench as well as in the system. I believe the cables on the resistive load are 16GA but they might be 14. Have to check. I did put the load on my LCR bridge and ran it up to 10Khz, it's highest test freq, and the resistance barely changes from DC, so pretty much non inductive.

Mike

Offline Response Audio

• Industry Participant
    • Purity Audio Design
« Reply #6 on: January 02, 2011, 06:38:15 PM »
No Worries about bugging me Mike. It has been a bit hectic in my brain with the holiday season and gearing up for further Purity production. I just have to ask a favor of you now. I have the schematic in the envelope but your address is on my other computer. Can you PM it to me here?
Design Engineer

mgalusha

Re: Re: Jolida JD-3000A Schematic
« Reply #7 on: January 02, 2011, 06:49:11 PM »
Done, thanks!

alx_d

« Reply #8 on: July 08, 2011, 12:28:31 PM »
Hi,

I am new to this forum and saw this interesting post.  I would like to know if you ever found out the problem and what was the solution?  I am currently considering buying a used pair and would like as much feedback as I can get before I buy.

Regards
Alexander

Offline MartyRL

« Reply #9 on: November 15, 2015, 05:52:23 PM »
Hi - I also just purchased a pair of 3000A Monoblocks - one has good bias - the other is running at a little over 1V.  Did you ever find some schematics? 

Offline Nick B

• Audio Neurotic
« Reply #10 on: November 15, 2015, 06:12:13 PM »
Hi - I also just purchased a pair of 3000A Monoblocks - one has good bias - the other is running at a little over 1V.  Did you ever find some schematics? 

It seems Mike hasn't been active on this site for over a year. Good luck re the schematics and welcome to AN
Nick
Orchard Starkrimson Ultra amp
Supratek Chardonnay preamp
JMR Voce Grande speakers
Border Patrol SEi dac
Holo Red streamer
Hapa Aero digital coax
WyWires Silver cables
TWL Digital American II p cord
Audio Envy p cords
Roon, Tidal, Qobuz
PI Audio UberBUSS

Offline sleepyguy24

• Obsessively Audiophilic
« Reply #11 on: November 16, 2015, 07:28:59 AM »

Welcome to the forum MartyRL

Try contacting Scott Gramlich of SG Custom Sound

40-33 235th St, Little Neck, NY 11363
(718) 224-5083

http://www.sgcustomsound.com/

Scott REALLY knows Jolida stuff. He worked on my JD-502P amp some years ago.

Offline rollo

• Industry Participant
  • Rollo Audio - Home demo the only way to know
« Reply #12 on: December 17, 2015, 10:09:59 AM »
  Good call Scot has it.

charles
contact me  at rollo14@verizon.net or visit us on Facebook
Lamm Industries - Aqua Acoustic, Formula & La Scala DAC- INNUOS  - Rethm - Kuzma - QLN - Audio Hungary Qualiton - Fritz speakers -Gigawatt -Vinnie Rossi,TWL, Swiss Cables, Merason DAC.