Author Topic: NY Audio Rave Saturday, May 20th in Staten Island around 1pm  (Read 23506 times)

Offline jbtrio

• Certifiable
NY Audio Rave Saturday, May 20th in Staten Island around 1pm
« on: April 25, 2017, 11:30:37 AM »
Alright Guys, I think it's time to have a good old Rave like the old days!
People from NY Audio Syndrome are welcome to come.

We'll listen to some vinyl first, then compare my PS Audio DirectStream DAC and Memory transport to Aqua Hi-Fi Dac's and transport supplied by Charles (Rollo). Thanks Charles! The Aqua gear suppose to be top-notch!

My set-up is pretty good at revealing small differences in equipment.
You can see my set-up on Audiogon under snopro.

Food will be provided, if you want you can bring desserts and libations.
Please let me know who will be coming, so I have enough food.

If you don't mind please take off your shoes, you can bring slippers if you want.

Should be a fun GTG,
Joe

VPI classic3,3d arm, Lyra Kleos SL,K&K maxxed-out phonostage,Quadratic MC-1 SUT,Mola Mola Tambaqui Dac, Jay's Audio CDT-2 Mk.3transport,Supratek Sauvignon preamp,Frankenstein 300b mk.2 amps,FW SIT-3 amp, Purepower 1500+,Horning Eufrodite Ellipse speakers

Offline Levi

• Certifiable
Re: NY Audio Rave Saturday, May 20th in Staten Island around 1pm
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2017, 11:49:51 AM »
Pencil me IN !   :thumb:

Offline goldlizsts

• Obsessively Audiophilic
  • Let Music Pass!
« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2017, 03:55:53 AM »
Pencil me IN !   :thumb:

WOW, I almost missed this one, Joe, all because of Levi's posting, bragging over his $25K bike :duh.  It's because we're not so active here anymore, and Levi's posting hides your posting.  So, I was wondering, he kept talking about your good food.... and I wondered what the heck he was taking about, what I missed...., and I went into our MAIN page.... and found out about this one.  

SXXXT!  May 20!  We will be having a farewell party. in Massapequa, for a friend who's moving to San Fran also.  Damn!!!!!!!!!!!!!  Sigh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  I can't come, not the way these 2 places are separated.  Also, I promised to drive a friend to that party also.....

Have fun, guys!!!!!!!!! :thumb:

Levi, let me ride on your $25K limo next time to a rave? :rofl:

Shek

Offline Barry (NJ)

« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2017, 06:57:08 AM »
Hi Joe, thanks for doing this!
I'd love to attend, I always enjoy your systems, but it depends on the weather and how far along I get with pulling the motor from my car. If it's raining, or the motor is already out, I'll be there for sure. If it's okay, I'll give you a firm commitment a little later in the week.

Best, Barry
Happiness is when your system overcomes your nervosa ;) 
So much media, so little time... My Media Room...

Offline jbtrio

• Certifiable
« Reply #4 on: May 12, 2017, 07:08:55 AM »
No problem Barry, I hope you can make it! I moved, I'm right over the outerbridge. Very easy to get to from NJ. 
I'll pm my address, if you are coming.

Joe
VPI classic3,3d arm, Lyra Kleos SL,K&K maxxed-out phonostage,Quadratic MC-1 SUT,Mola Mola Tambaqui Dac, Jay's Audio CDT-2 Mk.3transport,Supratek Sauvignon preamp,Frankenstein 300b mk.2 amps,FW SIT-3 amp, Purepower 1500+,Horning Eufrodite Ellipse speakers

Offline Triode Pete

• Industry Participant
  • Strive for Perfection, Settle on Excellence!
    • Link to System Details & Photos
« Reply #5 on: May 13, 2017, 05:46:26 AM »
Hey Joe,
Thanks for the invite... Please PM me your address...

I plan on attending but I need to participate in a "Best Buddies" walk that morning. My youngest daughter is the local president of the "Best Buddies" chapter so I need to support her & others...

Cheers,
Pete
www.TriodeWireLabs.com
WT Reference/Lyra Titan I
Quadratic Audio MC-1
Custom BorderPatrol preamp with phono & line stage
Innuos Statement Server
BorderPatrol S20 EXD w/EXS PS
Klipschorns - Volti hot-rodded
UberBUSS

Offline ejk

• Did I say no dropouts ?
« Reply #6 on: May 13, 2017, 08:59:30 AM »
Hi Joe, thanks for doing this!
I'd love to attend, I always enjoy your systems, but it depends on the weather and how far along I get with pulling the motor from my car. If it's raining, or the motor is already out, I'll be there for sure. If it's okay, I'll give you a firm commitment a little later in the week.

Best, Barry

Here os another pole we should have

How many times has Barry pulled the motor on his car ?
Aric Audio Super 6SN7 Line, Orchard Audio Starkrimson Ultra, Quicksilver Mid Monos, Lumin U2 Mini, Denafrips Pontus II 12th-1,Denafrips Iris DDC, Spatial Audio M3 Saphire, Hapa Audio Interconnects, TWL power cords, TWL speaker cables, Wireworld USB, i2s.

Offline ejk

• Did I say no dropouts ?
« Reply #7 on: May 13, 2017, 09:00:10 AM »
Joe as you know I probably will not make it
Aric Audio Super 6SN7 Line, Orchard Audio Starkrimson Ultra, Quicksilver Mid Monos, Lumin U2 Mini, Denafrips Pontus II 12th-1,Denafrips Iris DDC, Spatial Audio M3 Saphire, Hapa Audio Interconnects, TWL power cords, TWL speaker cables, Wireworld USB, i2s.

Offline topround

• Audio Neurotic
  • Life without Bach, would be a mistake
« Reply #8 on: May 13, 2017, 01:19:14 PM »
i think thats how he changes the oil on the motor :thumb:
instead of bending down to reach for that oil drain plug, just lift the motor, no bending
makes for an easy oil change
System consists of an amp a preamp, 2 speakers a turntable and a phono preamp, Also some cables and power cords and a really cheap cd player.

Offline Putz

« Reply #9 on: May 13, 2017, 11:36:22 PM »
Joe,

Would love to attend but going up to Massachusetts for a friend's wedding. Please let me know the next time you have a gathering. Your system is always worth a listen and the food  :drool:

Paul

Offline jbtrio

• Certifiable
« Reply #10 on: May 14, 2017, 05:20:43 AM »
Next time, Paul. Enjoy your friends wedding!

Joe

Offline rollo

• Industry Participant
  • Rollo Audio - Home demo the only way to know
« Reply #11 on: May 15, 2017, 05:50:46 AM »
  Hey Joe will be there. Aqua Formula DAC with Vida transport. Joe do you have two of the same digital cables and IC's to compare DAC's. I use TWL IC's. Can use SPDIF however the I2S connection is a added benefit of using the Aqua DAC.

charles
contact me  at rollo14@verizon.net or visit us on Facebook
Lamm Industries - Aqua Acoustic, Formula & La Scala DAC- INNUOS  - Rethm - Kuzma - QLN - Audio Hungary Qualiton - Fritz speakers -Gigawatt -Vinnie Rossi,TWL, Swiss Cables, Merason DAC.

Offline shadowlight

« Reply #12 on: May 15, 2017, 05:59:19 AM »
Joe,

I will be attending.

Offline jbtrio

• Certifiable
« Reply #13 on: May 15, 2017, 07:39:59 AM »
Hi Charles,

We can use my HFC Ultimate ic's to keep it the same, but bring Pete's we can try them later.
If you can bring a digi-buss and 2 of Pete's digital PC's that would be great. I have a extra 7+ to plug the digi-buss into my Purepower conditioner. This will keep all cables the same, except the digital cable.

What type of cable do you use for I2S. I have an extra WireWorld HDMI that I use as the IS2  between my DAC and Transport.

Deepak, got you. Anybody else coming! Please let me know, so I can order enough food!

Joe

Offline Emil

• Audio Neurotic
« Reply #14 on: May 17, 2017, 10:43:27 AM »
Joe

Put me is a definite maybe.

I'd like to bring my Lampizator to see how it compares to the italian :lol:

PM me you address

"Today I didn't even have to use my A.K.
I got to say it was a good day"
    --Ice Cube