Author Topic: Graphene...  (Read 30850 times)

Offline P.I.

• Industry Participant
  • Silence is that blackness beneath the music
    • P.I. audio group, LLC
Graphene...
« on: November 10, 2017, 12:42:45 PM »
Who besides Rollo has used it?

I have received a bottle fromThe Mad Scientist.  I'll be testing it out and have a few receptacles going out to my BetaDudes.

For a short time only if you want to send an AC receptacle to me I'll treat it and send it back.  All it will cost is return postage.

PM me if you are interested.
"A man with an experience is never at the mercy of a man with an argument." - Hilmar von Campe

Offline dflee

• Obsessively Audiophilic
Re: Graphene...
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2017, 01:53:56 PM »
Don't know if they still offer free samples of their discs but I got a couple.
I think they helped in a marginal way (actually pretty good for free). Haven't heard any scutttlebut
about them and honestly forgot about them. I have other issues I'm trying to resolve but will look
into their products in the future. If I had any receptacles worth anything I would send em to ya.

Don
"Enjoy pleasure, not because it is fleeting, but because it exists at all." Sacrament, Clive Barker.

Offline S Clark

• Audio Neurotic
« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2017, 06:11:56 PM »
Dave,
What is the effect and how is it applied?  Could it have positive effects on the SurgeX I sent you? If you think it's worthwhile, I'll send a couple of receptacles your way as well.
Scott
Speaker-GR Research LS9-XStatik-AltecFlamenco
Amp-Moscode,Dodd,Folsom
Pre-Dodd
Turntable-Vyger,Victor,TechnicSP10MK2
Phonopre-Hagermann,Jolida,GSlee   
Cable-AudioSensibility Wywires TWL
Cartridge-Dynavector,Sumiko
Tonearm-PioneerP3,Jelco
Rythmic sub

Offline malloy

• no grave concern for repercussion
« Reply #3 on: November 10, 2017, 10:57:37 PM »
I'd be interested, too. But what is it exactly? I tried googling, couldn't find any info.

Offline dBe

« Reply #4 on: November 12, 2017, 02:57:00 PM »
I'd be interested, too. But what is it exactly? I tried googling, couldn't find any info.
Here you go:  [url][https://escholarship.org/uc/item/339425tf/url]

I'll post more tomorrow on the applications and reasons for its use in audio.

Offline malloy

• no grave concern for repercussion
« Reply #5 on: November 12, 2017, 10:11:10 PM »
Thanks, Dave.  Just what I am looking for - light reading on a Sunday night:  a PhD dissertation on the electrical and mechanical properties of nanoscale graphene!  :) But seriously, this looks like it is cutting edge stuff!

If its conductivity is better than copper,what will it do the sound? :?:

Offline rollo

• Industry Participant
  • Rollo Audio - Home demo the only way to know
« Reply #6 on: November 13, 2017, 09:48:27 AM »
Yes it is cutting edge and very effective. Just to let you all know Rollo Audio is the US dealer. The tweaks like pucks and Magic Tubes are recommended to try once you believe you are properly set up. Then you will appreciate the tweaks as you can discern more. I have all in stock. Tube dampers Discs, Magic Tubes, speaker sticks, graphene.

charles
contact me  at rollo14@verizon.net or visit us on Facebook
Lamm Industries - Aqua Acoustic, Formula & La Scala DAC- INNUOS  - Rethm - Kuzma - QLN - Audio Hungary Qualiton - Fritz speakers -Gigawatt -Vinnie Rossi,TWL, Swiss Cables, Merason DAC.

Offline HAL

• Audio Neurotic
  • Audio Mad Scientist
    • Hollis Audio Labs
« Reply #7 on: November 13, 2017, 10:30:55 AM »
Looking forward to the listening results. 

Caig products have been my standard for decades.  Will be interesting to hear if graphene is now the improvement.

Offline P.I.

• Industry Participant
    • P.I. audio group, LLC
« Reply #8 on: November 13, 2017, 06:35:21 PM »
Thanks, Dave.  Just what I am looking for - light reading on a Sunday night:  a PhD dissertation on the electrical and mechanical properties of nanoscale graphene!  :) But seriously, this looks like it is cutting edge stuff!

If its conductivity is better than copper,what will it do the sound? :?:
Gonna find out pretty quick.

But.

I'm less interested in finding some black magic voodoo juice.  Instead I'm looking for something that sounds good and then stays that way.  I've used every treatmet known to man and the only ones I like are Jena Labs supercalifragilistic contact enhancer.  It really is good... the best one I'e found to date including some strange brews from the toasty brain of me.  Even so, it screams for me to clean and reapply every 8-10 monts.  From the meter to the speaker cable connectors and interconnects.  Bummer...

It seems to be another one of the new edge charged materials that wants to spread out over and into everything that it can transported by a fairly viscous but seemingly penetrating oil.  The oil for me is the boon that I see.  Depending upon the oil it can maintain viscous characteristics for years.  Combine that characteristic with a max operating temperature of 390 degrees fahrenheit.  Just the kind of thing for tube pins to kill the scale for a long time.  I hate the occasional - is that tube OK? - thing.  It will be good to know that there may be such a things as true tube stability in socket for a year or two.  That would be awesome.  Also, its' affinnity for copper, brass and bronze is particularly interesting to me.  I'm working on a receptacle or two for sale at very reasonable prices that will change your world when it comes to those brass receptacles that your house came with.

For a tweak where less than a drop will do you, kinda silly not to give it listen.

Good to see the man the myth the legend.... blah, blah, blah... is carrying it.  I like doing business with people that I trust and do business with me.

Oh, yeah:  rollo >   >   >   

:thumb:   
"A man with an experience is never at the mercy of a man with an argument." - Hilmar von Campe

Offline P.I.

• Industry Participant
    • P.I. audio group, LLC
« Reply #9 on: November 13, 2017, 06:37:51 PM »
Dave,
What is the effect and how is it applied?  Could it have positive effects on the SurgeX I sent you? If you think it's worthwhile, I'll send a couple of receptacles your way as well.
Scott
Scott, It's like chicken soup.  It couldn't hurt!  [-o<

Offline rollo

• Industry Participant
  • Rollo Audio - Home demo the only way to know
« Reply #10 on: November 15, 2017, 07:36:21 AM »
The Graphene need be applied once. Works with high temperatures without issue. Does not migrate either. Once applied with thin coating one needs to blot off with cotton.
Get cracking DAVE we would like your opinion.

charles
contact me  at rollo14@verizon.net or visit us on Facebook
Lamm Industries - Aqua Acoustic, Formula & La Scala DAC- INNUOS  - Rethm - Kuzma - QLN - Audio Hungary Qualiton - Fritz speakers -Gigawatt -Vinnie Rossi,TWL, Swiss Cables, Merason DAC.

Offline mdconnelly

• Audio Neurotic
  • new ways to dream...
« Reply #11 on: November 15, 2017, 08:33:56 AM »
Each year, around the holidays, I've had the ritual of cleaning all contacts.  I probably started doing this 20 or more years ago - almost as much of a ritual in December as putting up the Christmas tree.   As much as I'd love for graphene to be a miracle contact enhancer, I may still take the time to dust things abit  :rofl:

Offline _Scotty_

• “Sic transit gloria mundi”
« Reply #12 on: November 15, 2017, 10:19:08 AM »
This may seem like a stupid question, but how do you know there is any graphene present in the product.
Graphene coated wire I get. The wire will have a transparent coating possibly a couple of atoms thick that is stronger than steel. If you were to try to scrape the conductor you probably couldn't remove any copper surface from the wire due to the presence of the graphene layer.
Scotty

Offline P.I.

• Industry Participant
    • P.I. audio group, LLC
« Reply #13 on: November 15, 2017, 11:36:27 AM »
This may seem like a stupid question, but how do you know there is any graphene present in the product.
Graphene coated wire I get. The wire will have a transparent coating possibly a couple of atoms thick that is stronger than steel. If you were to try to scrape the conductor you probably couldn't remove any copper surface from the wire due to the presence of the graphene layer.
Scotty
Trust.

Offline S Clark

• Audio Neurotic
« Reply #14 on: November 15, 2017, 01:06:40 PM »
Scotty
Kinda like buying Ohno wire, cryo treatment, or Telefunken tubes from China.  You have to know your source.
Speaker-GR Research LS9-XStatik-AltecFlamenco
Amp-Moscode,Dodd,Folsom
Pre-Dodd
Turntable-Vyger,Victor,TechnicSP10MK2
Phonopre-Hagermann,Jolida,GSlee   
Cable-AudioSensibility Wywires TWL
Cartridge-Dynavector,Sumiko
Tonearm-PioneerP3,Jelco
Rythmic sub