Author Topic: ROLLO AUDIO RAVE - FLEA MARKET - JULY 15th Rain date July 16th  (Read 10785 times)

Offline Nick B

• Audio Neurotic
Re: ROLLO AUDIO RAVE - FLEA MARKET - JULY 15th Rain date July 16th
« Reply #15 on: July 27, 2017, 08:06:34 PM »
Wow, what a closeup. Where was this taken? Yeah, times have changed a lot. Seeing that vast room full of stuffed animals is something I won't forget
Orchard Starkrimson Ultra amp
Supratek Chardonnay preamp
JMR Voce Grande speakers
Border Patrol SEi dac
Holo Red streamer
Hapa Aero digital coax
WyWires Silver cables
TWL Digital American II p cord
Audio Envy p cords
Roon, Tidal, Qobuz
PI Audio UberBUSS

Offline richidoo

• Out Of My Speaker Cabinet
« Reply #16 on: July 27, 2017, 08:27:00 PM »
For shek:

Offline Nick B

• Audio Neurotic
« Reply #17 on: July 27, 2017, 08:30:11 PM »
For shek:

That was funny!! Thank you, sir 😂😂
JMR Voce Grande speakers
Border Patrol SEi dac
Holo Red streamer
Hapa Aero digital coax
WyWires Silver cables
Audio Envy p cords
Roon, Tidal, Qobuz
PI Audio UberBUSS

Offline goldlizsts

• Obsessively Audiophilic
  • Let Music Pass!
« Reply #18 on: July 28, 2017, 05:35:15 AM »
Wow, what a closeup. Where was this taken? Yeah, times have changed a lot. Seeing that vast room full of stuffed animals is something I won't forget

The shot was taken at Serengeti National Park in Tanzania.  This was 1 of a couple of close contacts with lions.  Only the females hunt.  The males just stand around, to make babies, pretty much.  This lioness was stalking a gazelle.  Whenever that happens, you'd have a dozen or more Land Cruisers roadside watching.  They are used to humans (as long as they behave, stay inside the jeep, just watching).  So, they hides in tall grass areas; this one sneaks around the cars, watching the potential prey, until the right time.  This one I somehow thought was "dumb".  She finally was exposed on the road, and the gazelle started hopping away.  It was a crippled one, with the 2 rear legs dragging.  Yet, the dumber lioness didn't push the envelope.  Supposedly they usually strike when the potential prey is about within 5 meters.  Otherwise, the prey would escape.  Gazelles, you should see how fast they run/hop.  The lions perhaps are just lazy animals.  With their body mass, perhaps they can just build up momentum for the charge.  But... they can't sustain for a long dash?  Hunting is NOT easy for the King/Queen of the jungle.  They don't succeed often, tho if successful they'd have a good meal.

I was lucky in the jeep sooooo close to this bitch of a lioness!  This was an iPhone shot.  My regular camera I didn't have in hand.  Now, I have my SD card somehow screwed up when I tried to transfer the files from the SD card into a folder created on the PC.  I got a "different PATH" message. 

So, any expert out here who can perhaps help me recover the files from the SD card?  I'd appreciate any assistance to salvage the pictures.  I also had a problem on the trip.  The battery charger (for Olympus) somehow fried itself.  My picture-taking was severely curtains in order to conserve juice of the 2 batteries I had with me.  I may just end up with some iPhone pictures only, which are less than optimal really.

Thanks if anyone can help.
« Last Edit: July 28, 2017, 05:36:50 AM by goldlizsts »

Offline Nick B

• Audio Neurotic
« Reply #19 on: July 28, 2017, 08:17:53 AM »
Thanks for that. Amazing that animals can get that used to humans and you're able to be right in the middle of this. I love adventure...especially when I can enjoy it vicariously  :)

Note to Charles.... sorry I got off topic on your thread.
JMR Voce Grande speakers
Border Patrol SEi dac
Holo Red streamer
Hapa Aero digital coax
WyWires Silver cables
Audio Envy p cords
Roon, Tidal, Qobuz
PI Audio UberBUSS

Offline goldlizsts

• Let Music Pass!
« Reply #21 on: July 28, 2017, 10:36:42 AM »
https://www.startpage.com/do/dsearch?query=corrupted+SD+card+photo+recovery+software&cat=web&pl=chrome&language=english

Thanks Rich.  You saved the day again.  Will try to do it.  1 of them will cost $5.99 for a week's trail. Worth the $ absolutely.  See, if I pick 1 or 2 of my pictures and enter into the tour company's photo competition, AND won, the $5.99's return will be better than Wall St.'s. :drool:

Offline richidoo

• Out Of My Speaker Cabinet
« Reply #22 on: July 28, 2017, 10:49:56 AM »
10 years ago I had similar problem with recovering photos from a CD-R. I got some but not all. Hopefully you will have better luck. Just don't expect miracles.

Don't put the SD back in the camera until you are ready to format it.

In the future, always format the SD card anew in the camera each time you put the empty card back in the camera. That keeps the weeds down and minimizes disk errors.

Offline goldlizsts

• Let Music Pass!
« Reply #23 on: July 28, 2017, 10:59:48 AM »
10 years ago I had similar problem with recovering photos from a CD-R. I got some but not all. Hopefully you will have better luck. Just don't expect miracles.

Don't put the SD back in the camera until you are ready to format it.

In the future, always format the SD card anew in the camera each time you put the empty card back in the camera. That keeps the weeds down and minimizes disk errors.

Thanks.  I just paid that $5.99.  I don't know where to go next to recover the files.  I was on the phone with some tech person.  He got me through Activating my account, and he didn't know what to tell me to recover all the files.  I will go into that site to see if I can go forth.  If I can't, I won't pay that money....

Thanks.

Sorry guys, I got into this threat and am sidetracking the topic.

Offline goldlizsts

• Let Music Pass!
« Reply #24 on: July 28, 2017, 05:27:11 PM »
Followup -  Sorry guys for this distracting matter.  All issues with my pictures resolved; thanks for Rich's help again!  I've recovered my 500's corrupted picture files from a SD card I used on trip. :thumb:

Offline Nick B

• Audio Neurotic
« Reply #25 on: July 28, 2017, 09:23:20 PM »
Great news!! Now that you've recovered them, how about posting some of your best shots via a new post?
Nick
JMR Voce Grande speakers
Border Patrol SEi dac
Holo Red streamer
Hapa Aero digital coax
WyWires Silver cables
Audio Envy p cords
Roon, Tidal, Qobuz
PI Audio UberBUSS

Offline goldlizsts

• Let Music Pass!
« Reply #26 on: July 29, 2017, 05:14:58 PM »
Great news!! Now that you've recovered them, how about posting some of your best shots via a new post?
Nick

Yes, sire!!!!!!!!!  Still trying to catch up for the last 20 days or so absent from here (including "yelling" at the P.O for my held mail, still nowhere to be seen), and then organize the pictures. 

Also, still have the iPhone pictures to download.  Took about a week's worth on iPhone when my regular battery charger fried at the lodge/tent about a week into the trip (so I had to take regular photos sporadically).... a couple of unpleasantries during the trip (otherwise, it was a fantastic Safari trip).

Soooooon!  Thanks for any interest.

Offline Nick B

• Audio Neurotic
« Reply #27 on: July 29, 2017, 09:53:07 PM »
Most excellent!! Looking forward to it  :thumb:
JMR Voce Grande speakers
Border Patrol SEi dac
Holo Red streamer
Hapa Aero digital coax
WyWires Silver cables
Audio Envy p cords
Roon, Tidal, Qobuz
PI Audio UberBUSS

Offline rollo

• Industry Participant
  • Rollo Audio - Home demo the only way to know
« Reply #28 on: July 31, 2017, 12:45:30 PM »
  Cool stuff no problem from me

charles
contact me  at rollo14@verizon.net or visit us on Facebook
Lamm Industries - Aqua Acoustic, Formula & La Scala DAC- INNUOS  - Rethm - Kuzma - QLN - Audio Hungary Qualiton - Fritz speakers -Gigawatt -Vinnie Rossi,TWL, Swiss Cables, Merason DAC.

Offline goldlizsts

• Let Music Pass!
« Reply #29 on: August 06, 2017, 03:04:42 AM »
  Cool stuff no problem from me

charles

Wait a sec, Sir Charles, you were supposed to have had a flea market party?  What happened?  Nothing posted?  No pictures.... Fell asleep all of ya? :duh  Oh, tell me it's next weekend, and I'll be there. :lol: