Author Topic: PIAUDIO DIGIBUSS  (Read 62530 times)

Offline jessearias

• Certifiable
Re: PIAUDIO DIGIBUSS
« Reply #75 on: March 28, 2016, 09:32:47 AM »
Dave,

I read the thread and have a few questions.

I see members plugging this into the Uber first and then plugging your digital equipment (dac, fans, laptop etc) into Digi. The rest of the equipment (amps, cd etc)  plugs into Uber as usual. Is this correct?  

Or can you plug this into your same wall outlet as the Uber? From my understanding of how it works, it would take all the digital/transformer noise from your equipment in your front end out and leave the supply clean for the Uber. I understand this would have to be done elsewhere in the house where there are a lot of equipment with transformers to get rid of that noise as well in the overall power supply.

I will be ordering one but am slightly confused as to what equipment goes where and in what order.

I be contacting you to order one shortly. :-P
« Last Edit: March 28, 2016, 12:25:07 PM by jessearias »
Parasound A21, Parasound JC2BP, Oppo 205 BR/SACD Disc Player, Marantz ST6000 Tuner, GoldenEar Triton 2 speakers and Supersub XXL, Triode Wire Labs interconnects, power cables and speaker wire, PI Audio Uber, Mini and Digibuss, Border Patrol DAC

Offline HAL

• Audio Neurotic
  • Audio Mad Scientist
    • Hollis Audio Labs
« Reply #76 on: March 28, 2016, 10:50:45 AM »
Since the UberBUSS and DigiBUSS are on different sides of my listening room, they are not connected together. It makes the digital system quieter than the PS Audio Ultimate Outlet I was using before with all the SMPS attached. 

My UberBUSS has a MicroBUSS attached for more outlets to the system.  All linear supplies on this pair. 

Offline P.I.

• Industry Participant
  • Silence is that blackness beneath the music
    • P.I. audio group, LLC
« Reply #77 on: March 29, 2016, 12:27:45 PM »
Dave,

I read the thread and have a few questions.

I see members plugging this into the Uber first and then plugging your digital equipment (dac, fans, laptop etc) into Digi. The rest of the equipment (amps, cd etc)  plugs into Uber as usual. Is this correct?  

Or can you plug this into your same wall outlet as the Uber? From my understanding of how it works, it would take all the digital/transformer noise from your equipment in your front end out and leave the supply clean for the Uber. I understand this would have to be done elsewhere in the house where there are a lot of equipment with transformers to get rid of that noise as well in the overall power supply.

I will be ordering one but am slightly confused as to what equipment goes where and in what order.

I be contacting you to order one shortly. :-P
Jesse, the best way to use the Digi/Uber combo is the way that sounds best.  I know that sounds flippant, but it is because there are few absolutes in audio.  Inflow power systems used with very high sensitivity speakers, plugging the Digi into the wall and the Uber into the Digi "may" sound better in homes with lots of CFL's, LED lamps and fans on speed controls, etc.  You have to assess your own noise generation and use the Digi where it will do the most good.  If you have a high power system with amps that draw a lot of current you will probably have better results with plugging the Uber into the wall and the Digi into the Uber.

The DigiBUSS is the only product that I make that is potentially current limiting.  Part of the guts of the Digi is a very low resistance 25A inductor that under high surge currents can show impedance that the same straight 34" length of 12a wire would not.

Bottom line:  whatever works, but I would plug the Digi into the Uber under normal conditions.
"A man with an experience is never at the mercy of a man with an argument." - Hilmar von Campe

Offline P.I.

• Industry Participant
    • P.I. audio group, LLC
« Reply #78 on: March 30, 2016, 02:05:58 PM »
Quote from: jessearias
[/quote
Inflow power systems
That should have been:   Low power systems
"A man with an experience is never at the mercy of a man with an argument." - Hilmar von Campe

Offline rollo

• Industry Participant
  • Rollo Audio - Home demo the only way to know
« Reply #79 on: April 04, 2016, 12:30:41 PM »
  Digibuss "TOUR" anyone ????

charles
contact me  at rollo14@verizon.net or visit us on Facebook
Lamm Industries - Aqua Acoustic, Formula & La Scala DAC- INNUOS  - Rethm - Kuzma - QLN - Audio Hungary Qualiton - Fritz speakers -Gigawatt -Vinnie Rossi,TWL, Swiss Cables, Merason DAC.

Offline tmazz

• Out Of My Speaker Cabinet
  • Just basking in the glow of my tubes.....
« Reply #80 on: April 05, 2016, 08:33:45 AM »
  Digibuss "TOUR" anyone ????

charles

Count me in.  :D
Remember, it's all about the music........

• Nola Boxers
• Sunfire True SW Super Jr (2)
• McIntosh MC 275
• ARC SP-9
• VPI HW-19 Mk IV/SDS/SME IV/Soundsmith Carmen Mk II ES
• Pro-Ject Pre Box S2 DAC/Rasp Pi Roon Endpoint
• DigiBuss/TWL PC&USB/MIT Cables

Offline rpf

• Obsessively Audiophilic
« Reply #81 on: April 14, 2016, 03:49:43 PM »
I've had a Digi-Buss and Buss-Stop for a few months now. The former has one Pass & Seymour 5362, one Furutech GTX Rhodium and one Furu GTX Gold. The latter has one Pass & Seymour 5362, one Furutech GTX Gold and one Furu FPX Gold.

Into the Digi-Buss are my Mac Mini, external HD, Uptone Regen, AR-T Legato and DAC. The Digi-Buss, and my amp during lightning season, are plugged into the Buss-Stop.

The Buss-Stop, like the Mini-Buss I had previously, does an excellent job of passing through power without degrading the sound in any significant way. There is just a slight diminution of macro-dynamics - with my amp only - which requires attentive listening to hear.

Although I have a whole house surge protector, the additional protection from external surges (I live in the lightning capitol of the country) as well as the protection from internal surges (refrigerator, washing machine, etc.) - especially for my computer gear - makes the Buss-Stop well worth the expense to me.

The Digi-Buss, on the other hand, reduces the noise level, provides more resolution, and actually increases both macro and micro dynamics. Again, well worth it for me.
« Last Edit: April 14, 2016, 07:48:08 PM by rpf »
Mac Mini>Singxer SU-1>Lampizator Amber II>Rogue Cronus Magnum>Aural Acoustics Model B.
TWL PCs; Audio Envy ICs & SCs; Purist Digital IC; PI Audio USB Cable and Buss-Stop.
Sonos Connect, iFi SPDIF iPurifier, Schiit Modi Multibit, Audioengine 5+

Offline rollo

• Industry Participant
« Reply #82 on: April 15, 2016, 05:33:43 PM »
 :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :).  So y'all thought it was BS eh.  :duh :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
  Thanks RPF.

charles
Lamm Industries - Aqua Acoustic, Formula & La Scala DAC- INNUOS  - Rethm - Kuzma - QLN - Audio Hungary Qualiton - Fritz speakers -Gigawatt -Vinnie Rossi,TWL, Swiss Cables, Merason DAC.

Offline Triode Pete

• Industry Participant
  • Strive for Perfection, Settle on Excellence!
    • Link to System Details & Photos
« Reply #83 on: May 08, 2016, 07:30:07 AM »
Auditioned the P.I. Audio Group DigiBUSS yesterday in my system.

Guess what? It's not leaving my system!

It will be featured with the LampizatOr Komputer & Golden Gate DAC at my shindig on May 21st!

Yet ANOTHER  :thumb:  :thumb: for Dave Elledge and his BUSS line of products!

« Last Edit: May 08, 2016, 07:41:22 AM by Triode Pete »
www.TriodeWireLabs.com
WT Reference/Lyra Titan I
Quadratic Audio MC-1
Custom BorderPatrol preamp with phono & line stage
Innuos Statement Server
BorderPatrol S20 EXD w/EXS PS
Klipschorns - Volti hot-rodded
UberBUSS

Offline P.I.

• Industry Participant
    • P.I. audio group, LLC
« Reply #84 on: May 08, 2016, 02:25:18 PM »
Auditioned the P.I. Audio Group DigiBUSS yesterday in my system.

Guess what? It's not leaving my system!

It will be featured with the LampizatOr Komputer & Golden Gate DAC at my shindig on May 21st!

Yet ANOTHER  :thumb:  :thumb: for Dave Elledge and his BUSS line of products!

Thanks, Pete.  The little things live close to the noise floor, huh!?

Offline rollo

• Industry Participant
« Reply #85 on: May 09, 2016, 06:43:01 AM »
  Oh yes it is. That is my demo unit. People are waiting. As I said another no brainer product from PIAudio.
   Tom your on the list. Taking orders. $350.

charles

Offline imassarano

« Reply #86 on: May 09, 2016, 07:08:14 AM »
Couldn't do without mine. Simple as that :D
GoldenEar Triton7, Cabledyne Premier Silver S/C Reference Silver XLR, DAC Maraschino upgraded to KING 60V,  Cables, Cocktail Audio X40 Music Server/Streamer, Artisan Silver Cables Hybrid II P/Cs, LessLoss Firewall Modules, PI Audio MiniBUSS+ and Mongo P/C

Offline Triode Pete

• Industry Participant
  • Strive for Perfection, Settle on Excellence!
    • Link to System Details & Photos
« Reply #87 on: May 09, 2016, 07:46:30 AM »
  Oh yes it is. That is my demo unit. People are waiting. As I said another no brainer product from PIAudio.

charles

IDK... Possession is 9/10ths of the law, isn't it?  :rofl:
www.TriodeWireLabs.com
WT Reference/Lyra Titan I
Quadratic Audio MC-1
Custom BorderPatrol preamp with phono & line stage
Innuos Statement Server
BorderPatrol S20 EXD w/EXS PS
Klipschorns - Volti hot-rodded
UberBUSS

Offline P.I.

• Industry Participant
    • P.I. audio group, LLC
« Reply #88 on: May 09, 2016, 01:21:36 PM »

charles

Boys, boys, boyZ.  We'll work something out. 

Thanks, guys  8)

Offline rollo

• Industry Participant
« Reply #89 on: May 12, 2016, 10:21:39 AM »

charles

Expect a visit from cousin Vito the hammer. :rofl: :rofl:

charles