Author Topic: Break-In and Settling  (Read 3759 times)

Offline rollo

• Industry Participant
  • Rollo Audio - Home demo the only way to know
Break-In and Settling
« on: February 06, 2015, 08:10:06 AM »
   After several thousand hours of break-in with hands on experience I have learned a few things.
    The conductor burns its path after about 50 hours on 24/7. The dielectric however does not benefit from 24/7 burn in. Actually a waste of time.
    The dielectric needs to form. That requires time off. From my experience the off time is 5 hours. For ICs and speaker cables after running in for 5 hours turn gear OFF. For power cords unplug from wall. Why > So no current is being introduced which allows the dielectric to settle.
    A laborious process for sure however worth its weight in gold. In my beta testing and break-in marathons it takes 400 hours for a power cord and speaker cables and 300 hours for ICs to form the dielectric completely.
    OK now the secret sauce. DO NOT MOVE THE CABLES AT ALL. Period ! Why you ask ? Well you just unsettle the settling. It will take a day or so to settle again.
    No not disturb your cables after break-in except twice a year to Progold the connections.

charles
contact me  at rollo14@verizon.net or visit us on Facebook
Lamm Industries - Aqua Acoustic, Formula & La Scala DAC- INNUOS  - Rethm - Kuzma - QLN - Audio Hungary Qualiton - Fritz speakers -Gigawatt -Vinnie Rossi,TWL, Swiss Cables, Merason DAC.