Author Topic: Chris "Lonewolf" Becker Honorary Rave 1/24/15 1-6 PM  (Read 51978 times)

Offline jimbones

• Audio Neurotic
  • Two plus Two Speakers
Re: Chris "Lonewolf" Becker Honorary Rave 1/24/15 1-6 PM
« Reply #120 on: January 27, 2015, 08:29:15 AM »
I guess it was our turn out here on Long Island. All summer we have those big rain storms where we get next to nothing while half of New Jersey is floating down a river and out to sea.I am looking at 18 - 24 inches now with talk of up to another foot on the way by days end. One of the problems with weather forecasting in this area is because of our proximity to the ocean coast conditions can be dramatically different a) form area to area and B) if the track of a storm changes. In a land locked area if a storm changes track by 20 or 30 miles it doesn't change the outcome much, but a 20 -30 mile change along the coast can make the difference between a storm losing steam over land or picking up moisture and intensity over the sea. Also the TV reports out of NYC cover such a wide range of area that what is bad in one section of the coverage area may not hit another at all. Such was the case today. While Mike got next to nothing in NJ, Long Island got hammered, with a big difference between eastern and western LI.

As for me, I have three fireplaces in the new house, a 9 kW generator in the garage, just in case, and yesterday I loaded up on all the essential (like a case of our favorite wine, Be Prepared ), so I am ready to ride it out in style.  :D

Don't forget you stocked up on audio essentials, cd's LP's etc  :thumb:
Rogue RP7 Pre, Art Audio Vinyl Reference Phono,CJ Premier 12 Pwr, VPI Classic II/Dynavector 20X2L, Roon Rock, Auralic Vega DAC, Emotiva ERC-3, MIT, TWL, WireWorld, Wywires, Shunyata

Offline Bob in St. Louis

• Audio Neurotic
« Reply #121 on: January 27, 2015, 09:20:05 AM »
You guys might like this. Especially if you're in Boston.

(Lots of cussing though)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1ZNHrlm_R_E

Offline tmazz

• Out Of My Speaker Cabinet
  • Just basking in the glow of my tubes.....
« Reply #122 on: January 27, 2015, 03:19:31 PM »
I guess it was our turn out here on Long Island. All summer we have those big rain storms where we get next to nothing while half of New Jersey is floating down a river and out to sea.I am looking at 18 - 24 inches now with talk of up to another foot on the way by days end. One of the problems with weather forecasting in this area is because of our proximity to the ocean coast conditions can be dramatically different a) form area to area and B) if the track of a storm changes. In a land locked area if a storm changes track by 20 or 30 miles it doesn't change the outcome much, but a 20 -30 mile change along the coast can make the difference between a storm losing steam over land or picking up moisture and intensity over the sea. Also the TV reports out of NYC cover such a wide range of area that what is bad in one section of the coverage area may not hit another at all. Such was the case today. While Mike got next to nothing in NJ, Long Island got hammered, with a big difference between eastern and western LI.

As for me, I have three fireplaces in the new house, a 9 kW generator in the garage, just in case, and yesterday I loaded up on all the essential (like a case of our favorite wine, Be Prepared ), so I am ready to ride it out in style.  :D

Don't forget you stocked up on audio essentials, cd's LP's etc  :thumb:

I've been doing that for years, no need for a snow storm to push me in that direction.   :D
Remember, it's all about the music........

• Nola Boxers
• Sunfire True SW Super Jr (2)
• McIntosh MC 275
• ARC SP-9
• VPI HW-19 Mk IV/SDS/SME IV/Soundsmith Carmen Mk II ES
• Pro-Ject Pre Box S2 DAC/Rasp Pi Roon Endpoint
• DigiBuss/TWL PC&USB/MIT Cables

Offline rollo

• Industry Participant
  • Rollo Audio - Home demo the only way to know
« Reply #123 on: January 28, 2015, 08:10:49 AM »
  Do we have another date planned ? Our audiosyndrome meeting is on Feb. 20th. to avoid any conflicts.

charles
contact me  at rollo14@verizon.net or visit us on Facebook
Lamm Industries - Aqua Acoustic, Formula & La Scala DAC- INNUOS  - Rethm - Kuzma - QLN - Audio Hungary Qualiton - Fritz speakers -Gigawatt -Vinnie Rossi,TWL, Swiss Cables, Merason DAC.

Offline goldlizsts

• Obsessively Audiophilic
  • Let Music Pass!
« Reply #124 on: March 19, 2015, 06:13:04 PM »
  Do we have another date planned ? Our audiosyndrome meeting is on Feb. 20th. to avoid any conflicts.

charles

Emil's on vacation! :rofl:

Offline hogg

• Certifiable
« Reply #125 on: March 21, 2015, 03:03:50 PM »
Emil,

You've missed your chance to have the bare-chested, screw winter Rave.  Of course I'm so well-insulated, it wouldn't have bothered me one bit :lol:  We also could have had the maximum shrinkage contest ala George Costanza.  Oh well maybe next year.

Jim
Strong as an Ox and twice as smart

Offline goldlizsts

• Obsessively Audiophilic
  • Let Music Pass!
« Reply #126 on: April 06, 2015, 04:12:57 AM »
Emil,

You've missed your chance to have the bare-chested, screw winter Rave.  Of course I'm so well-insulated, it wouldn't have bothered me one bit :lol:  We also could have had the maximum shrinkage contest ala George Costanza.  Oh well maybe next year.

Jim

Emil is AWOL now, officially!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :duh

Offline Barry (NJ)

« Reply #127 on: April 06, 2015, 02:51:00 PM »
Since Emil started a new thread for the new date, I'll lock this thread to help keep the confusion to a minimum.

Emil, If you like I can merge the threads and be sure the title has the right date(?)

Just send me a PM ;)
Happiness is when your system overcomes your nervosa ;) 
So much media, so little time... My Media Room...