Author Topic: Isolated Ground Duplex Outlets  (Read 6091 times)

Offline rollo

• Industry Participant
  • Rollo Audio - Home demo the only way to know
Isolated Ground Duplex Outlets
« on: April 10, 2014, 08:11:15 AM »
   Recently changed out non isolated ground duplex to isolated ground. Was using 5362A duplex [ Pass & Seymor ].
     The difference was noticeable in less noise, more info and deeper and tighter bass.
    Removing the brass clip that connects the two outlets and using ten gauge wire instead brought an improvement as well. Tried a little trick that Furutech uses to reduce unwanted resonance. They use a set screw from a back plate to put pressure on the duplex from the back. I could not duplicate the Furutech however used a wood dowel attached to back of duplex that when the duplex is screwed down the dowel puts pressure on the duplex from the back.
      A happy camper here. Next step getting them cryo treated. I thought this was definitely over kill and possibly a non issue. DEAD WRONG.
     In direct comparison to a non treated duplex [ using a quad outlet dedicated line so one treated one not ]
      The result being more open and natural with more music and inflections of such.
     If your all set up and think you cannot improve with this think again.

charles
    T

contact me  at rollo14@verizon.net or visit us on Facebook
Lamm Industries - Aqua Acoustic, Formula & La Scala DAC- INNUOS  - Rethm - Kuzma - QLN - Audio Hungary Qualiton - Fritz speakers -Gigawatt -Vinnie Rossi,TWL, Swiss Cables, Merason DAC.

Offline mdfoy

• Seeking Help
Re: Isolated Ground Duplex Outlets
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2014, 12:33:03 PM »
Charles,

That sounds interesting. I am having 2 lines put in the basement for the system. I  have a Porter Port that has that strap. Can you provide a picture of what you did?

Mike
Where there is doubt, there is no doubt

Offline rollo

• Industry Participant
  • Rollo Audio - Home demo the only way to know
Re: Isolated Ground Duplex Outlets
« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2014, 07:20:21 AM »
  Not good at that sorry.

charles
contact me  at rollo14@verizon.net or visit us on Facebook
Lamm Industries - Aqua Acoustic, Formula & La Scala DAC- INNUOS  - Rethm - Kuzma - QLN - Audio Hungary Qualiton - Fritz speakers -Gigawatt -Vinnie Rossi,TWL, Swiss Cables, Merason DAC.