Author Topic: favorite bypass caps  (Read 19972 times)

DaveC

Re: favorite bypass caps
« Reply #15 on: February 12, 2014, 09:03:13 AM »
Charles, just use Clarity TC caps in your power supply, massive improvement over electrolytics and even better than Mundorf M-Tube Caps.

Offline rpf

• Obsessively Audiophilic
« Reply #16 on: February 12, 2014, 04:15:17 PM »

I would like to hear opinions from anyone who has any experience with the Mundorf EVO oil capacitors or the new Deulund Alexandria.

I replaced the stock coupling caps (inexpensive Mundorfs?) in my Rogue Cronus Magnum with the new Evo Silver/Gold/Oil. It made for a nice improvement; with more resolution, dimensionality, and, above all, refinement - the thing that the amp most lacked.

I don't know how they stack up against other caps in their price range but they definitely produce a high quality sound.
Mac Mini>Singxer SU-1>Lampizator Amber II>Rogue Cronus Magnum>Aural Acoustics Model B.
TWL PCs; Audio Envy ICs & SCs; Purist Digital IC; PI Audio USB Cable and Buss-Stop.
Sonos Connect, iFi SPDIF iPurifier, Schiit Modi Multibit, Audioengine 5+

Offline bhobba

« Reply #17 on: February 12, 2014, 04:42:43 PM »
If money was no object then by all means a Duelund CAST [ copper] with CAST silver bypass.

Without doubt.

But of course there is the - gulp - cost.

What the Duelund aficionados out our way have found is that the Jupiter Stacked beeswax is reasonably well up there at a fraction of the cost.

Thanks
Bill

Offline topround

• Audio Neurotic
  • Life without Bach, would be a mistake
« Reply #18 on: February 12, 2014, 06:08:02 PM »
I use Jupiter Copper foil stacked caps in a preamp.
They are prototype caps, which may or may not be available to the public in the not too distant future.
I LOVE them!! If this is what Deuland does then I know why people love the Deuland CAST caps.

I do not bypass them just use them straight

but bypassing can work in certain areas for sure :thumb:
System consists of an amp a preamp, 2 speakers a turntable and a phono preamp, Also some cables and power cords and a really cheap cd player.

Offline rpf

« Reply #19 on: February 12, 2014, 06:26:55 PM »
I've used the Jupiter stacked beeswax in a couple of different DACs and they transformed the gear: very impressive at a not ridiculous price.

I've heard about the new Jupiter copper foil caps under development and can't wait to try them.
Mac Mini>Singxer SU-1>Lampizator Amber II>Rogue Cronus Magnum>Aural Acoustics Model B.
TWL PCs; Audio Envy ICs & SCs; Purist Digital IC; PI Audio USB Cable and Buss-Stop.
Sonos Connect, iFi SPDIF iPurifier, Schiit Modi Multibit, Audioengine 5+

Offline topround

• Audio Neurotic
  • Life without Bach, would be a mistake
« Reply #20 on: February 12, 2014, 06:39:00 PM »
I hope chris can make the new copper caps "happen"
they are awesome sounding...everything the aluminum does but"more"
and more of all the good :thumb:
System consists of an amp a preamp, 2 speakers a turntable and a phono preamp, Also some cables and power cords and a really cheap cd player.

Offline BobM

• Audio Neurotic
« Reply #21 on: February 13, 2014, 04:49:21 AM »
I've heard the new Jupiter caps will be ready for sale this month (February), but does anyone know where they can be purchased?

Partsconnexion perhaps?
Laugh and the world laughs with you. Cry and you'll have to blow your nose.

Offline Response Audio

• Industry Participant
  • Build your system for yourself, not the critics
    • Purity Audio Design
« Reply #22 on: February 13, 2014, 07:39:06 AM »
What about Dynamicaps? Anyone have experience with these? I find they offer warmth and body of an oil cap with more detail and air.
Design Engineer
Purity Audio Design www.PurityAudioDesign.com
Purity Foundation Streaming Pre, Foundation DAC, Purity Foundation Hybrid GaN 200, Pure Audio Project Trio 15 Classic, Sony SACD Player, Nakamichi tape deck,

Offline Nick77

• Seeking Help
« Reply #23 on: February 28, 2015, 06:09:54 AM »
I've heard the new Jupiter caps will be ready for sale this month (February), but does anyone know where they can be purchased?

Partsconnexion perhaps?

SoniCraft has the new Jupiter and last day on sale. :)

http://www.soniccraft.com/index.php/jupiter-copper-c-301_38_416