Author Topic: Last minute Mini-Rave Saturday 11/12  (Read 7191 times)

Offline Barry (NJ)

Last minute Mini-Rave Saturday 11/12
« on: November 11, 2011, 02:54:45 PM »
Well I should do yard work, but I guess I could do that Sunday...

If some guys would like to come over and hear my AudioAlchemy Gallo Reference set up I'll be home. We could also set up a second system up in the living-room, I've got my Gallo Solos up there driven by an old Nakamichi Reciever. But I've got a spare amp and pre-amp we could put there or we could swap other stuff in and out.

I'm less than a mile from exit 165 on the GSP, let me know if your interested and I'll PM my address.
Happiness is when your system overcomes your nervosa ;) 
So much media, so little time... My Media Room...

Offline Triode Pete

• Industry Participant
  • Strive for Perfection, Settle on Excellence!
    • Link to System Details & Photos
Re: Last minute Mini-Rave Saturday 11/12
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2011, 03:29:32 PM »
Geez, Barry... no soccer games??

Only 46.5 miles away, Yahoo Maps says 1 hr. 4 mins (highly unlikely)...

Hmmm... gotta check with the boss
www.TriodeWireLabs.com
WT Reference/Lyra Titan I
Quadratic Audio MC-1
Custom BorderPatrol preamp with phono & line stage
Innuos Statement Server
BorderPatrol S20 EXD w/EXS PS
Klipschorns - Volti hot-rodded
UberBUSS

Offline Barry (NJ)

« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2011, 04:26:33 PM »
Yeah, no soccer, they're in FL. School was only open for 1.5 days this week, so my wife took the kids to visit her sister :)

eleazar

« Reply #3 on: November 11, 2011, 04:32:51 PM »
I don't know Barry can you stay away from my personal space  :rofl: :rofl:  I don't have to work tomorrow So I can make it.
« Last Edit: November 11, 2011, 04:42:42 PM by eleazar »

Offline shadowlight

« Reply #4 on: November 11, 2011, 04:47:16 PM »
Sorry Barry.  I am out.  Better half is working and kids have soccer game tomorrow.

Offline goldlizsts

• Obsessively Audiophilic
  • Let Music Pass!
« Reply #5 on: November 11, 2011, 05:18:04 PM »
Well I should do yard work, but I guess I could do that Sunday...

If some guys would like to come over and hear my AudioAlchemy Gallo Reference set up I'll be home. We could also set up a second system up in the living-room, I've got my Gallo Solos up there driven by an old Nakamichi Reciever. But I've got a spare amp and pre-amp we could put there or we could swap other stuff in and out.

I'm less than a mile from exit 165 on the GSP, let me know if your interested and I'll PM my address.

Hmmmmmm!  Oradell?  I was just in Fort Lee this afternoon, why didn't you make it this afternoon :rofl:?  Is it still on for tom'w?  I probably can do.

Offline Barry (NJ)

« Reply #6 on: November 11, 2011, 08:11:57 PM »
Shek, Bill, you've got mail ;)

You too Pete  :thumb:
« Last Edit: November 11, 2011, 08:15:03 PM by Barry (NJ) »

Offline goldlizsts

• Let Music Pass!
« Reply #7 on: November 12, 2011, 05:44:47 PM »
Had a great Gallo time at Barry's.  Barry is like "single" again today, so he decided to throw a rave.  Just 5 people.  That's why it was such fun.  We had a rave, and we shot the breeze also, over beer, pizza, and homemade salad. 

Listened to Barry's Gallos up close.  I always liked the Gallo speakers.  The unusual looks?  Well, not bad, unconventional, but never outrageous.  It's the sound that matters, Stupid!  So I was told, and that's why we had a great time.

Barry has a tremendous collection of DVDs, Blu-Rays, CDs...... Besides having rave fun, I learned one thing today.  My music collection, while not as extensive as Barry's, has become very disorganized.  I tried to segregate them into 2 major groups, classical and non-classical.  No good.  Barry arranges all his CDs and DVDs in alphabetical order, disregarding genre.  That's what I learned today.  Simply.  Just one ball of wax, and yet in alphabetical order by title.  Just this tidbit learned today was worth the trip.  Nice day, Nice house, nice people, nice music, and a 100+ inch movie screen!  Thanks again, Barry. aa

Had a great time being able to sit down with Pumpkinman Bill, his other significant half Cathy, Mike F.... A good time was had by all.  I had to leave early.  Sure the party is likely still on as I finish this posting.  Couldn't have been nice company visiting, right Barry?  Home Alone can't be more fun.

Offline Barry (NJ)

« Reply #8 on: November 12, 2011, 08:39:47 PM »
Glad you enjoyed Shek, and even more glad you made it over, it was a great day!!!  :thumb:

evan1

« Reply #9 on: November 13, 2011, 12:06:30 AM »
Glad you enjoyed Shek, and even more glad you made it over, it was a great day!!!  :thumb:

Sorry I missed it Barry but I had a previous engagement with 36 kick line dancers  :thumb: next time. I still have not heard your Gallo 3.5's

Offline Barry (NJ)

« Reply #10 on: November 13, 2011, 07:24:08 AM »
Sorry I missed it Barry but I had a previous engagement with 36 kick line dancers  :thumb: next time. I still have not heard your Gallo 3.5's

No worries Evan, you're always welcome ;)

eleazar

« Reply #11 on: November 13, 2011, 02:26:11 PM »
Sorry I'm responding so late but I had a busy day on Sunday as I told Barry. Many thanks to Barry for putting up with me once again. Barry has some interesting music and I learned a few things from him.  :thumb: Was very nice to see Shek and Mike F a small gathering for sure but still a great time.
Thanks again Barry...............Bill

Offline tmazz

• Out Of My Speaker Cabinet
  • Just basking in the glow of my tubes.....
« Reply #12 on: November 13, 2011, 03:02:17 PM »
Sorry I missed it Barry but I had a previous engagement with 36 kick line dancers  :thumb:

Damn you must be tired.  :rofl:
Remember, it's all about the music........

• Nola Boxers
• Sunfire True SW Super Jr (2)
• McIntosh MC 275
• ARC SP-9
• VPI HW-19 Mk IV/SDS/SME IV/Soundsmith Carmen Mk II ES
• Pro-Ject Pre Box S2 DAC/Rasp Pi Roon Endpoint
• DigiBuss/TWL PC&USB/MIT Cables

Offline Barry (NJ)

« Reply #13 on: November 13, 2011, 05:01:39 PM »
Bill, it was great seeing you and Cathy again, glad you enjoyed the visit, I know I did!

Offline goldlizsts

• Let Music Pass!
« Reply #14 on: November 14, 2011, 03:01:04 AM »
Glad you enjoyed Shek, and even more glad you made it over, it was a great day!!!  :thumb:

Ah, Barry, I always thought Anthony's speakers are that unconventional in shape.  I just saw in ABS (ad) the Classico CL-3.  Now, that's a "boxier", more conventional speaker, as we the uninformed know how speakers should look like :lol:.  Regardless, beautiful, in my favorite color too :rofl:.  Are you getting that anytime soon?  I'll be over in a flash when that happens (as I know, you're a Gallo die-hard!) :thumb:.