Author Topic: Grover Tour  (Read 18805 times)

AcidJazz

Re: Grover Tour
« Reply #15 on: October 10, 2011, 04:48:27 PM »
Guess I should sign up too...can compare them to my old Grovers' and my current' which left those old Grovers in the dust...unless, my old Grovers get sold by the time they get here...then they would be H2H with my current...
Well, you get the idea.  :rofl:

grover

« Reply #16 on: October 11, 2011, 10:34:00 AM »
This is going to be fun. I'm new to these tours, I send the cable to a member he evaluates them, then he sends them back to me and I send them to the next member? Or do members send the cables to the next member? I plan to make the cables very sturdy to survive the ordeal.

evan1

« Reply #17 on: October 11, 2011, 10:39:13 AM »
This is going to be fun. I'm new to these tours, I send the cable to a member he evaluates them, then he sends them back to me and I send them to the next member? Or do members send the cables to the next member? I plan to make the cables very sturdy to survive the ordeal.

Usually the guy who has them just sends them off to the next person. What is the time limit for each person to evealuate them ?

AcidJazz

« Reply #18 on: October 11, 2011, 02:50:16 PM »
Grover, usually its a 1 week evaluation  at each stop. Each person on the tour is responsible for shipping to the next person on the list, with shipping notifications to both the next person and the vendor/manufacturer. The last person on the list ship the cables back to you.
Impressions/reviews are posted in the tour demo thread.

evan1

« Reply #19 on: October 11, 2011, 02:51:51 PM »
Grover, usually its a 1 week evaluation  at each stop. Each person on the tour is responsible for shipping to the next person on the list, with shipping notifications to both the next person and the vendor/manufacturer. The last person on the list ship the cables back to you.
Impressions/reviews are posted in the tour demo thread.

I say 2 weeks. Not all of us are home to listen all day long.

grover

« Reply #20 on: October 11, 2011, 03:26:59 PM »
I'm OK with two weeks, I'll make a publish the first few stops.

Offline tmazz

• Out Of My Speaker Cabinet
  • Just basking in the glow of my tubes.....
« Reply #21 on: October 11, 2011, 03:30:56 PM »
Grover,

Do you have any kind of cable cooker that you could use to give the tour cable a good burn in before it heads out? If you want to try and keep the stops down to a week the cable might not even be broken in before the first one or two folks have to ship it off.  Even if you don't have a cooking device per se it might be a good idea to give it a good burn in at the factory before it hits the road even if that means delaying the tour for a week or so. That way at least everybody gets to hear the cable at its best.
Remember, it's all about the music........

• Nola Boxers
• Sunfire True SW Super Jr (2)
• McIntosh MC 275
• ARC SP-9
• VPI HW-19 Mk IV/SDS/SME IV/Soundsmith Carmen Mk II ES
• Pro-Ject Pre Box S2 DAC/Rasp Pi Roon Endpoint
• DigiBuss/TWL PC&USB/MIT Cables

Offline StereoNut

• Audio Neurotic
  • So much great music, so little time!
« Reply #22 on: October 11, 2011, 06:03:17 PM »
If "Tmazz" is participating in the tour, please put me on the list too.  We live all of about 5 miles from each other.

Thanks!
SN
"Friends, Romans & Countrymen; lend me your ears"

• Primaluna Dialogue Tube Pre-Amp
• N.Y.A.L. Moscode 600 Amp
• Bolder/EE Minimax DAC
• Cambridge D-500SE CDP
• Von Schweikert 2012 Mod.VR-4 Gen.III speakers
• VPI Prime/Soundsmith MMP3/DV20x2H
• T.W.L

Offline mfsoa

• Obsessively Audiophilic
« Reply #23 on: October 11, 2011, 06:19:39 PM »
If someone attending the October Rave has them on the 29th, please be sure to bring 'em on over (doubt Grover would mind)

Offline BobM

• Audio Neurotic
« Reply #24 on: October 12, 2011, 05:03:01 AM »
I'm game for some IC adventure and live close to both Tom and Bill so handoffs are easy. But I really want to hear the speaker cables.  :thumb:
Laugh and the world laughs with you. Cry and you'll have to blow your nose.

Offline Carlman

• Audio Neurotic
« Reply #25 on: October 12, 2011, 05:46:06 AM »
Grover, please read this, it might help you:
http://www.audionervosa.com/index.php?topic=2769.0
I really enjoy listening to music.

Offline JBryan

• Seeking Help
« Reply #26 on: October 12, 2011, 06:31:23 AM »
I want to be included on the tour and would like to hear Grover's new IC's and speaker wire. I have several versions of Grover's offerings up to the 'SC(dot)' and a 'S Graphite' phono cable. Has Grover mentioned if this will be a hereto unheard version or is he still playing with the SX?

For anyone who hasn't heard his cables, I suggest jumping at this opportunity as his cables have been a revelation for me at times, bettering the likes of Cardas, Kimber and Nordost (among others) in my system. I also appreciate that they fit the smaller RCA jack plates on vintage gear - Dynaco, Fisher, McIntosh, Scott, Sherwood, etc. Its usually a tight connection so care must be taking putting them on and taking them off but that's a good thing as it makes a solid contact.

Offline rollo

• Industry Participant
  • Rollo Audio - Home demo the only way to know
« Reply #27 on: October 12, 2011, 10:35:18 AM »
  Grover. As one who has conducted tours please take some advice.
   First off choose a carrier and insurance requirements. Allow two weeks between auditioners. A mandatory written review on AN.
  Break in the cables fully to avoid the BS. Provide a complete set to cover ones system. Say two ICs and one set speaker cables. A digital cable if available. With ones system wired with a full set one can discern the affect of each when removed or visa versa. The synergy wrought by a complete system will do your product more good than harm.
  Best of luck.

charles
SMA
contact me  at rollo14@verizon.net or visit us on Facebook
Lamm Industries - Aqua Acoustic, Formula & La Scala DAC- INNUOS  - Rethm - Kuzma - QLN - Audio Hungary Qualiton - Fritz speakers -Gigawatt -Vinnie Rossi,TWL, Swiss Cables, Merason DAC.

grover

« Reply #28 on: October 12, 2011, 11:08:13 AM »
rollo that's good advice but I'd like to keep it simpler than that. Starting with only the RCA's will give people a very good idea of my cables capabilities. Guys with expensive cables should also take advantage of the tour. I'll break in the cables and begin the tour next week. I'll publish a schedule of sorts. I know there will be variables and unforeseen things. I hope to get an easy to use tin for convenient packing and sending.

Offline rollo

• Industry Participant
  • Rollo Audio - Home demo the only way to know
« Reply #29 on: October 12, 2011, 11:14:37 AM »
  Cool. Can't wait to try them.

charles
SMA
contact me  at rollo14@verizon.net or visit us on Facebook
Lamm Industries - Aqua Acoustic, Formula & La Scala DAC- INNUOS  - Rethm - Kuzma - QLN - Audio Hungary Qualiton - Fritz speakers -Gigawatt -Vinnie Rossi,TWL, Swiss Cables, Merason DAC.