Author Topic: mini-mini rave on LI  (Read 14919 times)

Offline rollo

• Industry Participant
  • Rollo Audio - Home demo the only way to know
Re: mini-mini rave on LI
« Reply #30 on: April 10, 2011, 07:27:17 AM »
  Bob and Laura thanks for the great time. You did a real nice job restoring the Apogees. Wonderfull food Laura and thanks.
   Good to see the Ravers. A work in progress and so far pretty darn good. Time to play with some tubeadelics in the preamp or an oil choke. Thanks again for a wonderfull time.

charles
contact me  at rollo14@verizon.net or visit us on Facebook
Lamm Industries - Aqua Acoustic, Formula & La Scala DAC- INNUOS  - Rethm - Kuzma - QLN - Audio Hungary Qualiton - Fritz speakers -Gigawatt -Vinnie Rossi,TWL, Swiss Cables, Merason DAC.

Offline hogg

• Certifiable
« Reply #31 on: April 10, 2011, 09:03:57 AM »
Bob,

Thank you for hosting the mini rave yesterday.  I thoroughly enjoyed the Apogees.  You've done a great job restoring them.  I also enjoyed the McCormack DNA 500 amp.  Please thank your wife and daughters as well.  Your eldest, Megan, is a very talented artist.  Thank you again.

Jim

P.S.  What happened to the picture of Mike and me?  :(
Strong as an Ox and twice as smart

Offline Emil

• Audio Neurotic
« Reply #32 on: April 10, 2011, 09:19:48 AM »
Bob

Happy Birthday again and hope many, many more.

I didnt know Laura cooked everything? I kinda new that this was too good to be catered :thumb:

Good to see some of the  guys again. Its been a while for me anyway.
Nice not having to drive into Jeresy :lol:

The Apogees? Amazing that a 20 something old design can sound so
 good!  Either Jason Bloom must have been ahead of his time or advancements in speaker design progresses at a snails pace.

Ask Megan if she would paint me a nude of Mike C. Want to hang it in my listening room :rofl:

"Today I didn't even have to use my A.K.
I got to say it was a good day"
    --Ice Cube

Offline BobM

• Audio Neurotic
« Reply #33 on: April 10, 2011, 10:57:10 AM »
Thanks for all the good wishes, nice beer and wine, cake and desserts and CD's everyone. I wish I shot some pictures of the table. My blood sugar has got to be over the top today from all the sweets and leftovers. This is what it's all about, sharing some good times and a common hobby with friends. I'm a lucky guy to know you all and be able to call you friends.

I went out this morning with my daughter Kelly and hit a bucket of golf balls. Now I'm going to turn on the Masters, sit on the couch and be a bum for the rest of the afternoon.
Laugh and the world laughs with you. Cry and you'll have to blow your nose.

musicfile

« Reply #34 on: April 10, 2011, 11:03:23 AM »
IT'S ALL GOOD  :thumb:

Offline richidoo

• Out Of My Speaker Cabinet
« Reply #35 on: April 10, 2011, 01:31:44 PM »
A belated but heartfelt Happy Birthday to you Bob!!
 :dj:

Offline goldlizsts

• Obsessively Audiophilic
  • Let Music Pass!
« Reply #36 on: April 10, 2011, 02:27:09 PM »
Bob,

You didn't say it was you BD.... Or I missed the between-the-line announcement.   Anyway, Happy Birthday :lol:.

Guys, just for WIW, J&R is having a 20% storewide CD sale, thru Sat.  Collecting CDs seems to be outa style, may be that's why.  :duh

evan1

« Reply #37 on: April 10, 2011, 02:44:39 PM »
Bob,

You didn't say it was you BD.... Or I missed the between-the-line announcement.   Anyway, Happy Birthday :lol:.

Guys, just for WIW, J&R is having a 20% storewide CD sale, thru Sat.  Collecting CDs seems to be outa style, may be that's why.  :duh

Just went to their website and didn't see anything about a sale. You say it ends Saturday,do you mean yesterday ? Shek I guess I missed it.

Offline goldlizsts

• Let Music Pass!
« Reply #38 on: April 11, 2011, 05:20:41 AM »
Bob,

Just went to their website and didn't see anything about a sale. You say it ends Saturday,do you mean yesterday ? Shek I guess I missed it.

No, I was there yesterday when I was wandering around downtown.  So, thinking I haven't been to J&R for a while .... I bought a CD, and at the cashier's I asked, one of the floor guys said it'll end this week (Sat.).  I bought one because I looked at it, it said "audiophile".... 32-bit processing...., for $5.22?  I grabbed it and ran.  It's an older recording.  Strange as it was, I saw 24-bit original, then 32-bit reprocessing?  When something is remastered, I thought, must be worth the $5....

Offline machinehead

• Affordable Web Design & Development
« Reply #39 on: April 11, 2011, 05:58:58 AM »
Laura,
The food was excellent. Bob is lucky to have you and should worship at your feet, do the dishes, cut the lawn and often wear a dress with polkadots!
HAd lots of fun as you can see from that photo where I was caught off guard.
Peace!
Mike
Its cool ndude.

Offline tmazz

• Out Of My Speaker Cabinet
  • Just basking in the glow of my tubes.....
« Reply #40 on: April 11, 2011, 08:12:53 AM »
No, I was there yesterday when I was wandering around downtown.  So, thinking I haven't been to J&R for a while .... I bought a CD, and at the cashier's I asked, one of the floor guys said it'll end this week (Sat.).  I bought one because I looked at it, it said "audiophile".... 32-bit processing...., for $5.22?  I grabbed it and ran.  It's an older recording.  Strange as it was, I saw 24-bit original, then 32-bit reprocessing?  When something is remastered, I thought, must be worth the $5....
Come on Shek, the suspense is killing us.

What is the CD and does this mystery 32 bit process really yield audiophile sound or is it just marketing BS?
Remember, it's all about the music........

• Nola Boxers
• Sunfire True SW Super Jr (2)
• McIntosh MC 275
• ARC SP-9
• VPI HW-19 Mk IV/SDS/SME IV/Soundsmith Carmen Mk II ES
• Pro-Ject Pre Box S2 DAC/Rasp Pi Roon Endpoint
• DigiBuss/TWL PC&USB/MIT Cables

Offline machinehead

« Reply #41 on: April 11, 2011, 09:24:20 AM »
And... these are a great bunch of fine fellows!  Though my audio system sounds the best... Bobs sounded pretty damn great!
M
Its cool ndude.

drews_hifi

« Reply #42 on: April 11, 2011, 10:43:02 AM »
does not.

Bob,

Had a lot of fun, more thanks to Laura for the food.  Great job on the Apogees, they will go fairly loud now w/o the buzz.  Made me think.  Havent bought speakers in a while. 

Offline Emil

• Audio Neurotic
« Reply #43 on: April 11, 2011, 11:01:22 AM »
does not.

Bob,

Had a lot of fun, more thanks to Laura for the food.  Great job on the Apogees, they will go fairly loud now w/o the buzz.  Made me think.  Havent bought speakers in a while. 

Listening to Bob's gear always makes me think :(
"Today I didn't even have to use my A.K.
I got to say it was a good day"
    --Ice Cube

Offline machinehead

« Reply #44 on: April 11, 2011, 12:41:21 PM »
yeeess.....  andy you neeed neeew speakers...  you are getting sleepy and shoppy for new speakers...

Just there to help a friend in need.
M
Its cool ndude.