Author Topic: UBERBUSS TOUR  (Read 35644 times)

Offline P.I.

• Industry Participant
  • Silence is that blackness beneath the music
    • P.I. audio group, LLC
Re: UBERBUSS TOUR
« Reply #15 on: June 23, 2017, 01:01:59 PM »
  Bump, UBERBUSS for all

charles
Has Nick had a chance to hear it yet?
"A man with an experience is never at the mercy of a man with an argument." - Hilmar von Campe

Offline etcarroll

• Audio Neurotic
  • spin it!
« Reply #16 on: June 23, 2017, 03:57:08 PM »
If still on tour I'd like to try it.

Gene
"...if you want to enjoy your gear, don't listen to anything that might be better."

Offline mikeeastman

• Seeking Help
« Reply #17 on: June 24, 2017, 05:42:36 AM »
I would also like to try it if it's still possible.

Mike
Mivera PureMusic,  Serenity Acoustics Super 7s w/ upgraded xover and Neotech gold/silver wire for tweet and mids. DIY Neotech gold/silver wire speaker cables. PI UberPuerto

Offline Nick B

• Audio Neurotic
« Reply #18 on: June 24, 2017, 01:53:09 PM »
  Bump, UBERBUSS for all

charles
Has Nick had a chance to hear it yet?

Not yet...
Nick
Orchard Starkrimson Ultra amp
Supratek Chardonnay preamp
JMR Voce Grande speakers
Border Patrol SEi dac
Holo Red streamer
Hapa Aero digital coax
WyWires Silver cables
TWL Digital American II p cord
Audio Envy p cords
Roon, Tidal, Qobuz
PI Audio UberBUSS

Offline dflee

• Obsessively Audiophilic
« Reply #19 on: June 24, 2017, 02:21:43 PM »
Nick:
In the words of Mr. Jolsen "You ain't heard nothin yet".
"Enjoy pleasure, not because it is fleeting, but because it exists at all." Sacrament, Clive Barker.

Offline Nick B

• Audio Neurotic
« Reply #20 on: June 24, 2017, 05:45:03 PM »
Nick:
In the words of Mr. Jolsen "You ain't heard nothin yet".

Don,
I don't doubt that at all
Nick
JMR Voce Grande speakers
Border Patrol SEi dac
Holo Red streamer
Hapa Aero digital coax
WyWires Silver cables
Audio Envy p cords
Roon, Tidal, Qobuz
PI Audio UberBUSS

Offline rollo

• Industry Participant
  • Rollo Audio - Home demo the only way to know
« Reply #21 on: June 27, 2017, 10:44:04 AM »
PM me your info and we will get this going.

charles
contact me  at rollo14@verizon.net or visit us on Facebook
Lamm Industries - Aqua Acoustic, Formula & La Scala DAC- INNUOS  - Rethm - Kuzma - QLN - Audio Hungary Qualiton - Fritz speakers -Gigawatt -Vinnie Rossi,TWL, Swiss Cables, Merason DAC.

Offline Nick B

• Audio Neurotic
« Reply #22 on: June 27, 2017, 03:11:04 PM »
PM me your info and we will get this going.

charles

Charles,
Check your PM.
Nick
JMR Voce Grande speakers
Border Patrol SEi dac
Holo Red streamer
Hapa Aero digital coax
WyWires Silver cables
Audio Envy p cords
Roon, Tidal, Qobuz
PI Audio UberBUSS

Offline rollo

• Industry Participant
  • Rollo Audio - Home demo the only way to know
« Reply #23 on: August 21, 2017, 11:14:18 AM »
OK finally shipped to Mike Eastman. Mike whatever your findings please post them, thanks.

charles
contact me  at rollo14@verizon.net or visit us on Facebook
Lamm Industries - Aqua Acoustic, Formula & La Scala DAC- INNUOS  - Rethm - Kuzma - QLN - Audio Hungary Qualiton - Fritz speakers -Gigawatt -Vinnie Rossi,TWL, Swiss Cables, Merason DAC.

Offline mikeeastman

• Seeking Help
« Reply #24 on: August 30, 2017, 12:11:36 PM »
I want to thank Charles for the chance to try out the Uber. First off I have to state that my system is unusual because I live off grid and my power is supplied by an inverter. I did three test on the Uber 1st I connected it and let it settle in for 24 hrs, then I did a listening test and could hear no difference in SQ. 2nd I played a blank tracked used to test floor noise, with this track playing if I turn the vol up to 80% or higher I can hear a very slight high pitched whine if I lay my ear on my tweeter, the Uber had no effect on the whine. 3rd I connected an EMI meter to the Uber and got a high EMI reading also when I test any of the receptacles on my dedicated circuits when the Uber is plugged in I get same high EMF reading. Without Uber I get a very low reading of EMI, I get the same low reading on my dedicated circuits and the rest of the circuits in my house. I assume the whine is produced by my inverter. I have no idea why the Uber would amplify or make the EMI more noticeable.
Mivera PureMusic,  Serenity Acoustics Super 7s w/ upgraded xover and Neotech gold/silver wire for tweet and mids. DIY Neotech gold/silver wire speaker cables. PI UberPuerto

Offline P.I.

• Industry Participant
  • Silence is that blackness beneath the music
    • P.I. audio group, LLC
« Reply #25 on: August 30, 2017, 06:20:20 PM »
I want to thank Charles for the chance to try out the Uber. First off I have to state that my system is unusual because I live off grid and my power is supplied by an inverter. I did three test on the Uber 1st I connected it and let it settle in for 24 hrs, then I did a listening test and could hear no difference in SQ. 2nd I played a blank tracked used to test floor noise, with this track playing if I turn the vol up to 80% or higher I can hear a very slight high pitched whine if I lay my ear on my tweeter, the Uber had no effect on the whine. 3rd I connected an EMI meter to the Uber and got a high EMI reading also when I test any of the receptacles on my dedicated circuits when the Uber is plugged in I get same high EMF reading. Without Uber I get a very low reading of EMI, I get the same low reading on my dedicated circuits and the rest of the circuits in my house. I assume the whine is produced by my inverter. I have no idea why the Uber would amplify or make the EMI more noticeable.
  Your inverter is the culprit, Mike.  Most of them have a switching frequency in the audio band and there is no power conditioner that I know of that will adequately handle the frequency and more importantly, the amplitude of the current and voltage peaks.  Inverters typically what to see an inductive load and the Uber is a capacitive load.  Just ain't gonna happen.  Sorry.
"A man with an experience is never at the mercy of a man with an argument." - Hilmar von Campe

Offline uncola

• Seeking Help
« Reply #26 on: September 05, 2017, 03:35:07 AM »
the uberbuss is an isolation transformer as well as emi/rfi filter?  is it a balanced isolation transformer?  I'm thinking about building one of those but I don't know what I'm doing :P

Online Folsom

« Reply #27 on: September 05, 2017, 10:19:24 AM »
No, it is just a nice parallel filter, while also playing double duty as a nice way to go from 1 socket to 4.

Offline uncola

• Seeking Help
« Reply #28 on: September 05, 2017, 04:47:19 PM »
oic, thanks folsom!  I'm currently building a balanced isolation transformer so the uberbuss was possibly my backup plan if things didn't turn out so well

Offline satfrat

• Dallas Cowboys,, America's Team!
« Reply #29 on: September 05, 2017, 07:30:48 PM »
oic, thanks folsom!  I'm currently building a balanced isolation transformer so the uberbuss was possibly my backup plan if things didn't turn out so well

The Buss's work great with balanced power conditioners. I have my 2400watt BPT (that has my whole A/V plugged through it) plugged into my Uberbuss on a dedicated circuit. I've never considered plugging anything else into my Uberbuss as there's simply no need.

Cheers,
Robin
Butler 3150 amps, Sunfire Theater Grand 4 processor, Mhdt Havana w/Vitamin Q cap bypass, HTPC, Empirical Off-Ramp 3 w/Ultraclock & Hynes PS, Odyssey Audio Lorelei's, Usher X-616's, Ridge Street Audio Poiema!!! IC/SC, BPT & UberBuss power conditioners