Author Topic: Mini G2G at Richidoo's  (Read 3217 times)

Bigfish8

Mini G2G at Richidoo's
« on: December 05, 2009, 04:39:35 PM »
Rich:

I want to thank you again for the opportunity to spend this afternoon at your home with Steve, Sol and you listening to your system.  I have made separate posts of my impressions of the Mapletree Umbilical Cord comparison and one about Sol's I-60 Amp.  The Usher Be-20's are very special and I really love the sound the sound of your system with the Manley Amps and Twisted Pear DAC.

It was a lot of fun and the time just flew by!  I hated to leave but mama had just come home from Florida.

Thanks Again,

Ken

Offline richidoo

• Out Of My Speaker Cabinet
Re: Mini G2G at Richidoo's
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2009, 06:48:38 PM »
You're welcome Ken, thanks a lot for coming over. It was good to get your opinion on the i60, and to hear even more octals piled in front of mine. 6SN7 > 6SN7 > 6SL7 > 2x300B parallel SET all with tube rectification pumping out Aimee Mann was pretty sexy. It was a lot less muddy than I thought it would be. Ken you were about to have an octal orgasm (OO) so we had to shut it down early and get back to the SS.  :rofl:

It was nice to see SteveB again. He promised to open up the museum and bring some of his amp collection over next time for sampling. Thanks for the Edgar Meyer and Aimee Mann records Steve. I knew her brother the drummer back when.

Sol just left, we did another tweek after you guys left (3rd today) and that took it over the top. I think it is done now, pending listening on a bunch of different speakers and input from the gang. It sounds "expensive" sophisticated, effortless, powerful, rich, detailed, calm, controlled. Like a Classe, Krell, Mac. No trace of harshness on my easy speakers but the treble is very clear and not shy so time will tell on other speakers and ears. It passes the violin test and the trumpet test for me.

Sorry we couldn't do a full bash with everyone, this was just an impromptu thing, building on previous scheduled tweek session with Sol. Ken needed some repair work done too, so we just hung for a while at Sol's mobile repair shop.