Author Topic: I'm Shaving My Head!  (Read 5344 times)

Offline hometheaterdoc

• Obsessively Audiophilic
I'm Shaving My Head!
« on: February 18, 2010, 02:05:51 PM »
Everyone,

I wanted to share something that is upcoming next Saturday, February 27th, 2010.  I will be participating at an event for the St. Baldrick’s Foundation to raise money for childhood cancer research.  You can learn more about St. Baldrick’s here:  http://www.stbaldricks.org/

In past years, I made a donation to someone else who was a shavee collecting pledges.  This year, I am going to be much more actively involved by actually participating in one of the local events with 350+ others and having my head shaved.  Having a mother who is a cancer survivor multiple times over from various forms, I’ve always done something that would benefit cancer research.  I’ve volunteered and/or given charitable contributions to help breast cancer research, the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society, etc.  This St. Baldrick’s event is one of the ways I’m contributing this year.

Partly so folks know what to expect if they stop by the open house that day and see my bald head....and partly for selfish reasons in case you would like to make a pledge, I thought I'd do an official post here in Carolina Audiophiles.  If folks would like to contribute, you can visit my pledge page:

https://www.stbaldricks.org/participants/mypage/participantid/377858

Given that I hate having my picture taken, for those that want proof of my before and after shots as part of a pledge, just shoot me a PM/email and I'll make sure you get a copy.  Thanks for your time!

Shane
« Last Edit: February 18, 2010, 03:12:32 PM by hometheaterdoc »
Shane Sangster
Used to be Night & Day Audio.......

Offline mfsoa

Re: I'm Shaving My Head!
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2010, 03:51:07 PM »
Dear Shane,

(BTW thanks for the IXOS and SCQ cables, enjoying them right now...)

As a father who lost a teenage daughter to cancer three years ago, I want to thank you directly for whatever contribution you make to this cause.

While your actions are for a great cause, you may not feel quite a direct link to those whom you are trying to help.

So please accept my sincere thanks for your efforts, from someone who was greatly affected by this illness. From the bottom of my heart.

-Mike

Offline mdconnelly

• Audio Neurotic
  • new ways to dream...
« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2010, 04:28:33 PM »
Shane.... lost my Mom to cancer in 2008.  So to echo the other Mike, thank you for all you're doing.  It's an extremely worthwhile cause!   

Offline hometheaterdoc

« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2010, 06:16:03 AM »
Mike and Mike,

Sorry for both of your losses.  I keep hoping that we're eventually going to beat all of these forms of cancer so folks don't have to suffer the loss before they should.  If I can help get us to that day sooner with a little bit of my time and a contribution, however small in the grand scheme of things, I'm more than happy to do it. 

T-minus 5 days and counting until I start reflecting the sun with my bald melon....
Shane Sangster

Offline bpape

• Audio Neurotic
  • Sensible Sound Solutions
    • Owner - Sensible Sound Solutions
« Reply #4 on: February 22, 2010, 06:49:28 AM »
My son shaved his head every year in middle and high school for this cause.  It's a great thing to do.

Bryan
I am serious... and don't call me Shirley

Offline mdconnelly

• Audio Neurotic
  • new ways to dream...
« Reply #5 on: February 22, 2010, 04:21:27 PM »
You go, Shane!  No one ever died healthy but such efforts do make a difference and if it can postpone the inevitable and buy time with a better life, it is worth every little hair on your head!  :rofl:

Thanks for stepping up!

Offline hometheaterdoc

« Reply #6 on: February 27, 2010, 06:29:20 AM »
thanks to all who donated either to me or directly to St. Baldrick's!  I really appreciate it.  T minus 4 hours until I'm bald.... looking forward to it... the better half is not :)
Shane Sangster

Bigfish8

« Reply #7 on: February 27, 2010, 07:52:21 AM »
thanks to all who donated either to me or directly to St. Baldrick's!  I really appreciate it.  T minus 4 hours until I'm bald.... looking forward to it... the better half is not :)

No, thank you for being a sponsor for such a worthwhile cause!   :thumb:

Ken