Author Topic: Picnic at Crabtree  (Read 5077 times)

Offline Carlman

• Audio Neurotic
Picnic at Crabtree
« on: November 06, 2009, 01:33:40 PM »
I know this is late notice and non-audio related.. but it is local :)

This Sunday, I'm doing a little outdoor activity for some family and friends at Lake Crabtree Park near RDU.  Here's a link to the park: http://www.wakegov.com/parks/lakecrabtree/about/default.htm

We're doing an intro to mountain bike riding followed by a cookout.  This is family friendly so bring your spouses, children, helmets and bikes.  You are welcome to ride a lot or a little, I plan to ride very slow/casually with my wife and family and anyone else interested in doing a loop of off road trail.

This is mountain biking so there are roots, rocks, hills, etc.  However, Crabtree is very mild and can be easily mastered by most people with basic biking skills.  If you have no biking skills, it's probably best to hang out by the grill. ;)

Bring your own drinks (alcohol is prohibited but I won't tell if you sneak some in) and maybe a side dish or bag of chips if you plan to come.  Also PM or reply to this thread so I know how many brats and burgers to bring.

I don't expect a huge turnout.. maybe 4-10 people... just throwin' it out there, though.  I plan to do this again on Thanksgiving weekend.  The 'Ride and Q'. ;)

-C

PS If anyone here ever wants to ride, let me know.. I organize local rides from time to time.
I really enjoy listening to music.

Offline Carlman

• Audio Neurotic
Re: Picnic at Crabtree
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2009, 06:09:48 AM »
FYI, I have learned there will be Radio Controlled yacht racing happening also.. Something to watch if you're interested.
-C

Offline richidoo

• Out Of My Speaker Cabinet
« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2009, 06:29:58 AM »
Sounds like a lot of fun!! I have a soccer tournament today in Clayton, or I would love to bring my model yacht over and kick back a few with you.   Have fun!
Rich

Bigfish8

« Reply #3 on: November 07, 2009, 06:57:34 AM »
Carl:

You have a beautiful day for this event!  I wish I could attend but yard work unfortunately has me committed today.

Have fun! :thumb:

Ken

Offline Rob S.

• Obsessively Audiophilic
« Reply #4 on: November 07, 2009, 07:58:43 PM »
Carl,   this event sounds like fun!  We'll hook up for some casual or mtn riding on my next trip down, I'm definitely bringing one of my bikes.

Rob S.
No new money spent on audio!!  but starting in 2012!!

Offline rollo

• Industry Participant
  • Rollo Audio - Home demo the only way to know
« Reply #5 on: November 22, 2009, 07:42:33 AM »
Bummer I'm in the wrong State. Sounds like fun. Did the radio control car thing for a while. Talk about nervosa thesucker started as a kit for $200. $1000 later I was hooked. I couldn't believe what was available to buy. Have fun.

charles
contact me  at rollo14@verizon.net or visit us on Facebook
Lamm Industries - Aqua Acoustic, Formula & La Scala DAC- INNUOS  - Rethm - Kuzma - QLN - Audio Hungary Qualiton - Fritz speakers -Gigawatt -Vinnie Rossi,TWL, Swiss Cables, Merason DAC.

Offline Carlman

• Audio Neurotic
« Reply #6 on: November 22, 2009, 06:13:41 PM »
I'm riding again the day after Thanksgiving.. same kind of trip.. hope folks can make it.  No RC events this time, though.  PM me if interested.

-C