Author Topic: Tube Sticky  (Read 3179 times)

Offline rollo

• Industry Participant
  • Rollo Audio - Home demo the only way to know
Tube Sticky
« on: December 13, 2013, 08:52:25 AM »
   Have some experience in tubes with certain component you would like to share.
   I'll start with Reflector 6H30 NOS for Dodd preamps. Great combo. RCA NOS tubes for tubed power supplies. Lector and Telefunken [ 12AT7 ]. 
   Sletvana 6550 for AR amps. They love RCA 6FQ7 as driver tube.

charles
contact me  at rollo14@verizon.net or visit us on Facebook
Lamm Industries - Aqua Acoustic, Formula & La Scala DAC- INNUOS  - Rethm - Kuzma - QLN - Audio Hungary Qualiton - Fritz speakers -Gigawatt -Vinnie Rossi,TWL, Swiss Cables, Merason DAC.

Russian_Glass

Re: Tube Sticky
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2014, 02:24:22 PM »
...Sletvana 6550 for AR amps....
Are you talking about the original Svetlana (Winged C — St. Petersburg) SV6550C, which are out of production now?  Or the New Sensor "Svetlana" (Boxed S) ones made at the Xpo-Pul factory in Saratov?

In the former case, I agree (but you have to be careful).

As far as a good tube-gear symbiosis (for my system anyway):
Cifte ECC89 and ОРЗЭЛ (ORZEP) 6N23П are the best combination I've found for the Moscode Minuet in A, and the НЭВЗ (NEVZ) gold grid 6Н6П's with 1950's Фотон (Foton) steel-plate GМ-70's absolutely killed in my Single-Ended Triode monoblocks!
Unfortunately, they were only on loan from a friend, so I usually run "standard" (Ulyanov) graphite-plate ГM-70's and swap in Svetlana copper plates for a capella, opera, or other midrange-heavy content — (at least until I can find an affordable pair of the Fotons).